Second Weddings

Just wondering about "Something Old, New, Borrowed & Blue"....

So, if it is a wedding other than your FIRST wedding...do you do this tradition??  If so, what did or what are you girls doing??  Is it ONLY a first wedding tradition?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Just wondering about "Something Old, New, Borrowed & Blue"....

• WonderRedWonderRed member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited August 2013
    I'm not planning to do it, per se, but really the only thing I won't have is something borrowed.  It just worked out that way on its own.   I'm wearing turquoise jewelry (blue).  The necklace is new and  the hair piece is old.   

I don't think any tradition should be limited on only a first wedding. Your day, your way.  The fact that it's a second wedding doesn't change that.  Although we are choosing to skip most of the traditional wedding customs for various reasons, primarily because they just don't feel like us.

• If you want to follow that tradition you may for a second wedding.  Our colors were Navy and White so there was a lot of blue. So the something blue was covered. The something old was a bracelet that has a back story.  The something borrowed was a pair of crystal earrings from my MIL, that my DH trumped by giving me earrings for a wedding present. I didn't have a coin in my shoe but carried a buffalo nickel in a small blue velvet bag in my bouquet.  My MIL wanted us to follow this tradition, so we got close.  Each of our mothers had very small says in what we did, my mom wanted me to wear a veil (which I did for the ceremony), DH's mom the "something" tradition (and we got close my DSD borrowed earrings from me).. 
  • Awww...perfect.  Thank you ladies!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards