Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Intimate Ceremony Ideas

My fiance and I are debating whether to have a large, traditional wedding or to have an intimate ceremony. We are trying to search for unique locations to have a small wedding. We live in the Pittsburgh, PA area, but are willing to travel out of the area within a reasonable distance. We are looking for a unique, low cost venue with character and/or a gorgeous view. We've looked into an inn near the Poconos and also a venue in the Gibsonia area. Any suggestions about a beautiful site/venue for a ceremony with 45 guests? Thank you!

Re: Intimate Ceremony Ideas

• We're in the same debate, but definitely want only 50 or so guests, just debating how casual we really want it to be as far as venue, etc.  It really depends if you want the intimate wedding as just a dinner with no real option for dancing, or if you go for a larger venue so you can at least do the dancing piece.  We like the idea of just a nice dinner, but we really feel like we want people to have fun at one point, aka dancing.  His brother got married last year and just had the intimate dinner thing, which was nice because the quality of food was nice and we got to choose from a menu as to what we wanted.  But, there was no entertainment, just an ipod playing music - limitations when using just a restaurant with a large room (was at Monterrey Bay on Mt. Washington).  I also am into the scenic/view elements.  I have not looked into places in depth, just finding some to see whether they peak my fiance's interest.  If you're willing to travel, I really like the looks of the Green Gables Restaurant in Jennerstown, PA.  I like the atmosphere and reviews of the food at The Willow Restaurant on Camp Horne Rd in the North Hills - but too soon to tell if dancing/DJ is an option at these venues.  I am also interested in the National Aviary, but not sure if it's cost-effective for a smaller wedding, but we could definitely have the ceremony and reception all in one venue, which is what we're after.
  • Look into Robin Hill Park in Moon Township.  We are having ours there. Our wedding is about 50-60 guests. Ceremony will be outside behind the mansion.  It was $550 to rent, and an extra $100 for the outdoor ceremony.

• jenn77bjenn77b member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2013
    Look into Robin Hill Park in Moon Township.  We are having ours there. Our wedding is about 50-60 guests. Ceremony will be outside behind the mansion.  It was $550 to rent, and an extra $100 for the outdoor ceremony.

Yes, this is a great place, I grew up near there. 
  • The Hyeholde Restaurant in Moontownship is where our wedding will be held (60-70 guests)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards