April 2014 Weddings

Bridesmaid dresses

April 2014 brides!! When did you/are you having your bridesmaids go dress shopping? I think I've been reading 8-6 months before the wedding?

I live out of state and only go home (where we are having the wedding and where all bridesmaids live) every couple of months - I don't think I'll be home again until October. Unfortunately I'll actually be 2 hours from the maids away at a wedding that weekend so I'm not even sure I'll have time to go shopping with them in October. They all have good taste and know the color I would want.

Did you all feel the need to go with your bridesmaids or did you have them go on their own?

Re: Bridesmaid dresses

• I'm going next Thursday. I'm from out of state too and will be in town for a wedding. I extended my vacation out two days so I could do a bunch of wedding stuff. Originally I was thinking about going over Thanksgiving break, then I did the math and realized that was REALLY cutting it close. 

I know a lot of people who have done this online. The bride narrowed down the selection and sent photos via email and the girls selected. Or, if you don't mind not matching, you could always select a designer and color and let your girls pick the dress they want.
  • Were doing ours the weekend of October 12th. Although I am letting my maids choose their own dress for certain reason my only rules with this was had to be same designer and same color
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My girls ordered their already because David's Bridal is discontinuing the color FI and I had picked out.  We didn't like any other designers version of the color and David's Bridal couldn't tell us exactly when it was going to be discontinued.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards