Wedding Invitations & Paper

kinkos?

Is anyone using kinkos? If so what do you need to do? I just want them to print the wording onto my invites
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: kinkos?

• Do they have examples on their website? You need wording, but someone needs to create the design. The font, colors, tints of those colors, lines, shapes, boarders, patterns, photos (if there are any), vector or other art, etc. If kinkos (or any other company) can do invites from just the wording, then they will have pre-made designs for you to look at either in the store or on their website. 

I'm getting my invites printed at Staples, but I'm a professional print designer. I use Adobe Indesign to create a pdf then they will just print the pdf.
  • Well I only need the wording because I bought blank invitations. But not really sure where to get the wording printed. I could do it at home but I have way to many to do
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went in to kinkos with a blank invitation kit and my design on a hard drive, ready to just be printed. They said I could put my invitations in the big copier, but the response card was too small. Staples wouldn't print the response cards either, and the mom and pop place i looked at was going to charge $150. I'd say a home printer is your best bet if you or someone you know has one!
  • They will need software that tells the printer where to put the wording on the blank invites (and in what color, font, size, etc.). I recommend calling them and asking if that is a service they provide (taking the wording and arranging it to be printed on blank invites). If you had a file that told the printer where to put the words and how then any print shop could do it. 

Does the company you bought the invites from have any template files? Sometimes when you buy something like that (for example mailing labels) on the website for the company there are files you can download that will let add the words in the right spot. 
  • I used a design program called InDesign to lay out my programs and announcements and created a PDF from that (you can use word or any other desktop publishing program). I took the PDF on a thumb drive and my paper to Kinko's and printed everything on the self-serve printer. Then I used their nice paper cutter to crop everything down to size. Cheap and easy!
  • If you have the layout all mapped out and saved (preferably in a PDF) you should be able to take the paper and the file to Kinko's and have them print everything out for you.  They will even cut everything down for you on their industrial paper cutter in the back.  

I helped my friend design her programs and favor cards and kinko's was able to print and cut everything in one day.

If you aren't sure at least save your file to a thumb drive or you can even email the file to the store you are going to and they will be able to help you out.

• We bought blank ones and printed our own. It saved us a boatload of money. We printed and assembled about 120 invitations. It took 2 evenings after work. We made a fun night of it - got take out, poured a drink, flipped on some music and got to work. It was actually really fun to do it together. 
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards