Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Friday!

Good Morning ladies! Not sure if anyone will be around today with it being a holiday weekend and Fridays are usually slow around here but wanted to say Hello! since ive been nonexistent this week!

Today I'm off work so i'm hoping to make some progress on Invitations...we are using a stamp for our return address and for our address on the reply cards.. we did the stamping last night while watcihng the office (hilarious btw!) and today im hoping to print lables and the accomodations/directions card..

Also getting my hair cut today - yay!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

Re: Friday!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!!

FI and I had a stressful late afternoon/early evening. (Seperate post) so, we decided to go for cocktails and dinner and not talk wedding. We did pretty good, but it is difficult. We are about ready for the wedding to be over.

This weekend is a friends baby shower, so I'll be heading to that. It's always FI bachelor party. All I know is that they are going to shoot skeet, go out for steaks, and return home for a roast and may have waitresses dressed in lingerie there as well. I trust FI and his friends, so I'm not too concerned. Plus his brother and his son (who is 21) will be there, so I know it won't be too raunchy.

DB- Welcome back! Pictures of your new 'do please!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    kristenrmu22kristenrmu22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes TGIF! I am here at work. Shhh don't tell on me for being on here. Last night was a girls night like every Thursday. I went to my friends place for wine and Vamp. Diaries...we watch for the hotties lol. All and all it was a good night. I am really annoyed by working today- my parking lot is empty and none of the bosses are here but excited that we got a handful of checks done this week. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning girls!

Today is a slowww day at work, and I'm hoping our controller will let us go early today. I have a lot to do for this weekend- clean, grocery store, get recipes together for Easter dinner, etc. My mom comes in around noon tomorrow so hopefully everything will be done by then.

Last night I couldn't do much since I hurt my knee (which is better today thank God). We did go for ice cream though and discuss our honeymoon plans. I think it's official- we will do Hawaii for our honeymoon, but since we are doing that a month after the wedding, we are doing a mini-moon in Orlando right after the wedding. I promised the FI we aren't going to Disney world, but we will go to Downtown Disney and Universal, which he likes. I am really excited about the resorts we picked!

Orlando- http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mcojw-jw-marriott-orlando-grande-lakes/
    Hawaii- http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/lihhi-kauai-marriott-resort/

db- I was wondering where you went! Where did you get your stamp from?

jb- Hope you get to relax this weekend. Time is just flying by! Only 2 weeks now!

Kristen- Well over half of us who get on here are at work lol.... Most of us only get on then, which is why evenings and weekends on here are so dead lol.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning Ladies!!
    Busy day again - we got a May 9th deadline for the project I'm on so I'll be pretty busy until then... but just wanted to quickly say hi!! Tonight FSIL is having a Southern Living Home party that I'm going to - should be fun! Tomorrow night FI works so I'm heading over to the FILs house and will stay there tomorrow night. FI will come right there after he's done working. Then Sunday we're having Easter dinner early (1pm) b/c FI has to go back into work at 3 so we're eating early so he can join :) Should be a nice weekend! Hope everyone has a lovely Easter!!!

db - enjoy your day off!

j - I TOTALLY hear you on being ready for the wedding to be over! I'm stressing out so much (unnecessarily too) about everything and it totally doesn't help that work has been super busy too :( Not too much longer to go though!!! :):)

kristen - LOVE girls nights!!! Sounds like you had a good time... I too am annoyed I'm here today - hope it goes by quickly!

sari - hope you get out early!!! Enjoy the time with your mom and family! :) And YAY for Hawaii!!! Where are you going in Hawaii? Also, where are you staying in Orlando? FI and I work for Disney seasonally and I heart it there!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • Options
    dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jl - hope FI has a fun (but not TOOO fun) b-party! have a great time at the shower!

kristen - hope work goes quickly!

sarilynn - ya for hawaii! DF and I went for a few days last summer and im obsessed! its absolutely beautiful there and your FI will totally not get bored.. so much to see!

g - hope work isn't too crazy for you today! have a wonderful weekend. what is a southern living party? sounds fun fun fun!

• Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    db - Souther Living Home (like the magazine) is a company that sells great houseware things - like plates, bowls, etc. So the party is just like a purse party or jewelry party but just with the Souther Living Home products! I think they just changed their name to 'willow house' though but it's super fun and they have some great things! I'm scared I'm going to spend a lot of money! LOL

Here is the site:
    http://www.willowhouse.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Db- I am so excited for Hawaii! I've done the caribbean many times, so this will be an exciting adventure for us :-)

GMC- The Southern Living stuff looks awesome! I would be afraid of spending a lot too lol... And I put the links to the hotels we are staying at in the post above (let me know if they don't work). The one in Orlando is the JW Marriott. Its closer to Universal, and a little more secluded (which we wanted) plus it has a huge lazy river! It shares it's grounds and Spa with the Ritz Carlton. I like the hotel rooms better at the JW though. And we are staying in Kauai in Hawaii. So not the bigger islands, but one of the most beautiful and seculded with lots of stuff to see and do!

So I really want to go to Disney, but my FI hates Disney lol. He just thinks of it as too crowded and childish for him. Booo.... I am still getting those bride Minnie mouse ears when we go though!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards