Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Shot List

I'm starting to put together a 'must have' list of pictures for our photographer. It made me wonder, what 'must have' shots did you include on your list? What shots did you forget to include but wish now that you had? Any fun shots that your photographer added in that you'd recommend to others?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

75 [Invited] 
43image [Said yes!] 
16image [Are missing out!]
 16image [Can't find the mailbox] 
RSVP Date October 01

Re: Shot List

• Well, I don't really have any "must have" to suggest, but I do have a "mustn't have": table shots.

It's been my experience that photographers go around the reception venue and take table shots, forcing guests who are facing the other way to move around the table to be in the shot.  When I've personally experienced it, I was usually at one of the last tables to be served or had just gotten back from the buffet line, so I was really hungry and I found it annoying to be asked to move.  I don't think it's considerate of the needs of guests.  I'd let your photographer know to find other ways to capture them than at the tables when the meal has been served.
  • I had a window at my venue I really wanted a silhouette photo in. Everything else was standard. 
  • I had a list of all the family and wedding party combinations that we wanted (bride and mom, bride and dad, bride with mom and dad, etc.), and it helped tremendously to keep our pictures moving along during cocktail hour.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards