African American Weddings
Options

Menu Poll..

Ok so i will be meeting with the caterers this week. I am so lost when it comes to the menu. So far we know we want a fish option either Mahi Mahi or Salmon and some sort of chicken. Any suggestions would be awesome. For desserts we are having the wedding cake (red velvet) , peach cobbler (in martini glasses) cookies and cupcakes (dessert buffet). But for the real food i am really lost at what to serve. Ideas please

Re: Menu Poll..

• Options
    My two cents:  I would serve Salmon over Mahi Mahi. Chicken can be done a million different ways, pick one that has a sauce or won't dry out. Your desserts sound delish!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tirathemrstirathemrs member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited August 2013
    I agree with the Salmon over the Mahi Mahi and Im also doing chicken but only because i was inspired to have a theme of foods and fried chicken goes with my theme but im having the caterer bake some and fry some just for those that maybe dont want the fried foods
    o and im also doing a dessert buffet (PEACH COBBLER, MINI KEY LIME TARTS, MINI SWEET POTATOE PIES) Southern style desserts

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options

Um, so what time is dinner again?

unpopular opinion:  I'd actually say the reverse, because salmon is a really rich buttery fishy fish, I'd actually vote for a white/light fish over this.  people either love salmon or hate it.  personally I'm in the hate column.    mahi mahi and chilean sea bass are in the same cost category as salmon, other options: trout, tilapia and monk fish, all less *fishy* (sorry for the emphasis I really hate salmon lol).  

If your dinner is plated, I'd say fresh vegetables or field greens and pasta or rice selection.    Actually plated or buffet, serve what you like and what ya'll would have for dinner and it'll be fine.   One of the most important traits in a caterer is how they're equipped to keep the food hot (not room temperature) because yummy grub?  the bomb.com but if it's cold, there's no way to tell that.   Chicken? you can't mess that up, but like mo said, the dry factor is important, something saucy? or maybe grilled to retain moisture?  serving cornish hens are naturally juicy but you might not like the way they look in presentation - there's a smaller game hen that's like 1 serving big but now I can't remember it, if you page mrs. dugar to the bridal desk, she'd tell you what they're called.

so, airline tickets need planning, time again girl?  lol.  

come back and let us know what you decide.   ;)

• Options
    yum those desserts sound so good. I am on a wheat and sugar cleanse/ fast/ diet yum. Cant wait till this wedding is over and i can eat again lol
  • Options
    misstira said:
     im also doing a dessert buffet (PEACH COBBLER, MINI KEY LIME TARTS, MINI SWEET POTATOE PIES) Southern style desserts
    Where's my invite? I'll even bring a gift. Mini Key Lime Tarts? I may have to borrow your idea.

@LovelyBride229, we'll likely have salmon and roasted chicken at our wedding. We're definitely having roasted chicken, but I leave the fish decision to my FI (he's a pescetarian).

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

• Options
    minsu5..... ill be sending out your invite soon enough honey lol

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    @misstira... I am going to RSVP now for the dessert buffet.. ill bring a snack pack give teh plate to someone else.. and Ill be Jr's date..thanks

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Options
    LeciaB Jr already has a date sorry sweetie but his +1 is taken LOL....

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards