Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

RSVP Wording HELP!!

Our venue wants to know exactly what each person is eating based on our seating chart, therefore we need some way to know who is ordering which entree from our RSVP. How can we word that so they will initial or write their names so we will know who wants what!
Thanks

Re: RSVP Wording HELP!!

• Options
    On most RSVP cards, there are lines to indicate meal choices.  If you are offering two meal choices, it would look like this............
    __ Chicken            __Beef

The guests would place a number next to the entree.  In your case, you could simply say, Please initial your choice.

Some may have additional offerings.....
    __Beef     __Vegetarian     __Chicken    __Fish        
    Dietary restrictions?__________________

• Options
    Our looked like this:

Kindly reply by the thirteenth of August.

M _______________________________________

Please initial each guest's entree choice:

_____ Beef

_____ Chicken

_____ Vegetarian

_____ Children's Meal
  • Options
    THANK YOU
  • Options
    melbelleupmelbelleup member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited August 2013
    Just to give you another idea... i did something like this

Name                                                                                          A  B   C
    ______________________________________________         ☐ 

A- chicken cordon bleu    B- stuffed salmon with crabmeat     C- Chicken tenders (under 10)

ETA: obviously in my rsvp the boxes line up and not off course with the abc.. whoops!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    They are all pretty good options. In the end it depends a bit on your format as well (vertical vs horizontal), but it boils down to check boxes.
  • Options
    This post brings to mind something I've been thinking about. We're having a Jewish wedding, Kosher style, but there will be some people who will require special Kosher meals. Should that be an option on the RSVP card, or do we just handle that separately? (We basically already know who will need one already) If we include it, it is going to make the choices a little lengthy, cause we're also going to have beef, salmon, veggie, and kid's options, so listing all 5 would kind of make the card "busy" looking, in my opinion...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013
    casey8784 said:
    This post brings to mind something I've been thinking about. We're having a Jewish wedding, Kosher style, but there will be some people who will require special Kosher meals. Should that be an option on the RSVP card, or do we just handle that separately? (We basically already know who will need one already) If we include it, it is going to make the choices a little lengthy, cause we're also going to have beef, salmon, veggie, and kid's options, so listing all 5 would kind of make the card "busy" looking, in my opinion...
    Can you make two editions of the card, with "glatt kosher" and "kosher style" on different editions, to be sent respectively to the people with different requirements?
  • Options
    If your RSVP card has space on your option lines, I would highly recommend adding descriptions of the options too. Guests will appreciate more info. Some decisions might change. Like many would be fine with a chicken dish, but hates mushrooms so if that option was chicken Marsala, the may opt for the vegetarian dish.

• Options

mobkaz said:
    On most RSVP cards, there are lines to indicate meal choices.  If you are offering two meal choices, it would look like this............
    __ Chicken            __Beef

The guests would place a number next to the entree.  In your case, you could simply say, Please initial your choice.

Some may have additional offerings.....
    __Beef     __Vegetarian     __Chicken    __Fish        
    Dietary restrictions?__________________

My RSVP cards say this and not 1 person intialled.  Every single RSVP either has a number or a checkmark.  My caterer isn't a strict as the OP's, but I don't think this is a reliable method.  For the OP's situation, I would put a line for each invitee with the meal options beneath it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards