Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

no more planning but now what??

I can't tell you how happy I am that I don't have to plan the wedding anymore.  But now what?  For the past year, my life has been consumed with the wedding.  As soon as Keag went to bed, I'd hop on the computer or start some wedding related project while DH watched Sports center.  Now I have nothing wedding related to do and he's still watching Sports center.  lol.  What do you ladies do with your DH or FI (when you're not doing wedding related tasks)?  We don't own our house so we can't remodel or anything like that.  How can I forget what we did before being engaged??  TIA!

Re: no more planning but now what??

• Options
    snorgesnorge member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank-you notes. ;o)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *ugh*  I'm sooooooo dreading those!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just keep knotting. :P

It is definitely strange. Time for a new hobby? Read a great book? :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We enjoy playing board games, getting together with friends, playing with our Wii... I like to try out new recipes on the weekend when I have more time. My winter project is scrapbooking- I have one to finish up that I started like 2 years ago, and I want to do a wedding one, HM one, and maybe a bridal shower one. I also journal, but haven't written since before the wedding, so I need to get back to that. I am surprised by how busy I keep myself!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well for me, it was grad school :-) Although I was planning my wedding and going to grad school simultaneously.

And now, I just have more time to spend with friends and my DH! :-)

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    pugnpenguinpugnpenguin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honeymoon planning! DH and I joked we'd have nothing to talk about now, then we realized we had a honeymoon in a month to plan for!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I watch/DVR way too much TV and read way too many books.
    Smile

Enjoy the time with your DH!  Or you could have a baby!  WinkWinkWink
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Baby making for sure!

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would love to make a baby BUT I have to get the OK from all of my doctors... and that is NOT going to be easy *sigh*
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG, this board has babies on the brain constantly ;)

As PP have said, having some new unexpected free time is a great opportunity to try out something new.  You guys could take up a new kind of cooking, or see all the Oscar nominated movies for the year, or study a language, or go to the museums you haven't seen yet in the burgh.

As for FI and I, we cook a lot (he is my official sous-chef Smile), we both like many of the same TV shows, movies, and books, and we are out and about lot going to performances, museums, benefits, and trying out new bars and restaurants.  We are also fierce Scrabble competitors, haha.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I love not planning anymore! :) But you have all that wedding type stuff to follow up on, like ordering your album, thank you notes, maybe write some nice notes to your favorite vendors for use as recommendations, etc.

Also, you best plan your honeymoon! :)

I like to research trips to take with my DH. Also, I have a new hobby...cleaning. I also volunteer at a local school to make costumes since I enjoy DIY. Maybe you could do more volunteering with K's school? Teachers love volunteers.

Do you have pets? Do you guys want to eventually own a house? Just some things you could think about and research.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards