Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Reception color scheme help...

Hi,

I recently chose an Inn as a venue for my wedding which will be in Sept 2014. http://www.stonehedgeinnandspa.com/photo-gallery-en.html... there are some pictures if it helps. 

I am very indecisive about my color scheme. The venue I chose kind of has an English/cottage look to it... the colors of the room are sage green and dark brown wood trim. There is a large column brick fire place in the room as well. I really like metallics with a touch of bright pink... will this scheme totally clash with my venue?

-Lindsay

Re: Reception color scheme help...

• Options
    ksblumbksblumb member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2013
    That venue is really pretty :). If it were me, I would do lots and lots if white with gold as an accent and your third color in small pops around the room. Like all white flowers in a gold mercury glass vase. Or little votives with a golden rim on the top.

Really though, colors and venues don't need to match at all :)
  • Options
    Whites linens and metallic accents would probably look good with an already colourful room.
  • Options

Thanks for the input! The linens provided by the venue are going to be ivory and he chairs provided are light gold/champagne color... so quite neutral. I definitely like white flowers... will probably do that with maybe a pop of pink here and there. We are definitely want a lot of candles.. probably will do mercury glass or some sort of metallic holders for them.

• Options
    Beautiful venue.

Anniversary

• Options
    The white and violet color will give a great color combination for your wedding reception. Other Arrangements styles and decoration will be decided depends upon the wedding couples.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards