Wedding Invitations & Paper

Invite or no?

I'm unsure what to do, this may be confusing... I have this friend. He and I have been friends for about 3 years. We met through college and through my dad, in a way.  He and I had a brief summer fling that ended a little awkwardly (but didn't ruin our friendship) before I met my fiancé. We have communicated via text and Facebook nearly everyday without seeing each other for 2 years. My fiancé knows about this friend but they've never met. He is a friend of my maid of honor and some other people who will be invited. My question is, do I invite him to my wedding?

Re: Invite or no?

• I'm unsure what to do, this may be confusing... I have this friend. He and I have been friends for about 3 years. We met through college and through my dad, in a way.  He and I had a brief summer fling that ended a little awkwardly (but didn't ruin our friendship) before I met my fiancé. We have communicated via text and Facebook nearly everyday without seeing each other for 2 years. My fiancé knows about this friend but they've never met. He is a friend of my maid of honor and some other people who will be invited. My question is, do I invite him to my wedding?

Personally, I would skip it. For me it was, if I am not taking time to see you for dinner/hh/brunch like in person then whats the point?

However, I understand your wedding is different. How is your guest list and budget looking? Will you have time to talk to this person? Do you want to invite him?
  • There are several people I would probably pick off the guest list before this person. We live a few hours away from each other so the distance is a challenge. We got together this past weekend (for the first time in 2 years) and will see each other again in a couple weeks.

• There are several people I would probably pick off the guest list before this person. We live a few hours away from each other so the distance is a challenge. We got together this past weekend (for the first time in 2 years) and will see each other again in a couple weeks.

I wouldn't send him a STD, I wouldn't B list him either. But I would make sure that things work out budget and guest list wise before adding a person you are on the fence about.
  • Well, first I'd find out if your FI is okay with you inviting him, and if he is, I probably wouldn't send him an STD.  But don't B list him either.  Figure out your budget first.  If your FI is okay with his being invited and your financial and space budgets allow for him to be included with everyone else, send him an invitation at the time you send them to everyone.
  • Jen4948 said:
    Well, first I'd find out if your FI is okay with you inviting him, and if he is, I probably wouldn't send him an STD.  But don't B list him either.  Figure out your budget first.  If your FI is okay with his being invited and your financial and space budgets allow for him to be included with everyone else, send him an invitation at the time you send them to everyone.

Ditto to the bolded. But to me, there's something more here...as I'm generally not a fan of inviting exes to a wedding.

So while you're at it, be 100% honest to your FI with how much you talk to this other guy. I honestly can't imagine texting or Facebooking another guy every day for two years. I would not be thrilled if DH talked to another woman that much!

If your FI truly knows the finer details and is okay with that...well then you're good to go.

• If you have the budget, space, and desire to invite him, ask your FI if it's cool w/ him. If so, I don't see why it would an issue at all.
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards