Plus-Sized

My Dress Back from Alterations

I got my dress back yesterday so now it's at home. I'm really self-conscious about my arms. My sister and fiance say they look fine. What do you gals think? Does my dress look odd in any way?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My Dress Back from Alterations

• I don't think your arms look bad at all!   I do think it looks like they put your bustle too high.  The back of the dress seems shorter than the front.  That may just be how you are standing, but in the mirror, it looks a little too short.
  • I think it's just how I'm standing. I was already halfway out of the dress when I remembered I told my sister I'd send her pics since she couldn't go with me. The alterations lady was super nice and cool about being my emotional support for the day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I really like it. I don't think your arms look bad at all. I would say the only thing I'd change is maybe try to get rid of the farmer's tan on them for the wedding :),  but other than that, I think you look great and really like the dress! Especially the top part, it's very flattering on you. 

• I don't understand why so many plus size women hate their arms. Your arms look fine and your dress is lovely.
  • I think you look fantastic. Your dress flatters you, arms included.
  • I COMPLETELY understand the arm thing... I always say I could take off flapping my arms. Anyway back to you, the dress you picked is really great for hiding your problem area (your arms) in that the focus is drawing me up to the neckline/face. The eyes are going there and not to your arms. The only little (and I mean LITTLE) thing I would change about the dress is that the top seems to be falling a little high on you, perhaps having the seamstress take out half an inch on the strap might loosen it just enough (that's just me being nit-picky). You look gorgeous!

• I really like it. I don't think your arms look bad at all. I would say the only thing I'd change is maybe try to get rid of the farmer's tan on them for the wedding :),  but other than that, I think you look great and really like the dress! Especially the top part, it's very flattering on you. 

I've lived in SoCal for 10 years now. That's as tan as I'm physically able to get :P In person my arms are covered in freckles (they get fewer and far between high up on my arm).

I COMPLETELY understand the arm thing... I always say I could take off flapping my arms. Anyway back to you, the dress you picked is really great for hiding your problem area (your arms) in that the focus is drawing me up to the neckline/face. The eyes are going there and not to your arms. The only little (and I mean LITTLE) thing I would change about the dress is that the top seems to be falling a little high on you, perhaps having the seamstress take out half an inch on the strap might loosen it just enough (that's just me being nit-picky). You look gorgeous!
    Lol! I actually had them tighten the straps a little bit because when I looked down at myself I could see my bra quite easily. I didn't want anyone else to be able to see what only my fiance should :P

The bra itself has always made me feel like a football player, all bulky and stuff, but when I looked in the mirror everything looked perfectly normal. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well you need to be comfortable so shut me up haha!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards