Not Engaged Yet
Options

I feel pretty, oh so pretty ... Help finish my look!

edited August 2013 in Not Engaged Yet
Morning, all! BF has decided that we are indeed going to his HS reunion. I'm planning to wear this:

With this over it to start the evening:

IMO, it calls for a big chunky gold statement necklace - agree/disagree? FWIW, I wear my hair extremely short (crop cut). I was also thinking little gold earrings.

I'm also thinking about looking for a pair of ankle-high black boots that aren't stilettos. Anyone here with narrow feet have suggestions on good brands?

Thanks in advance for all thoughts!

ETA: corrected photo of dress

Re: I feel pretty, oh so pretty ... Help finish my look!

• Options
    It definitely needs some accessories to add some pops of color! Do you have a necklace you are thinking of using already?

• Options
    I don't - my mom said that she might have a couple of things I could borrow, but she was talking about crystals and pearls and that's just not me.
  • Options

I like no necklace with higher neckline clothing and BIG earrings. I think gold would look great.

Cute dress!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Crystals, pearls, bling is in now, so I recommend you consider it. Love love love the dress! I like the extra long necklaces that are in now, like 36" - 40" long, as you can let them flip around (not 20's era) and be flirty.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I think a chunky gold necklace that hits a little below the neckline of the dress could be really cute, and maybe a chunky bracelet or some layered bracelets.

I really like THIS necklace (LINK)!

ETA:  got this in my email from Piperlime this morning!  LINK
  • Options
    Ooo, @CocoBellaF! That Sonora necklace is awesome, and in the Piperlime, I like this, this, this (but I'm worried it might be too dark), and this. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Options
    Finished up the look! These are the shoes I'm going to wear:

Crown Vintage Cambridge Bootie
    And these are the necklace and earrings:

I'm pretty proud of these - they're made from old BM's jewelry that wasn't my style. I upgraded the crystals to Swarovski (sales at Michael's rock!) and swapped all the silver elements for gold ones. It had a lot of antiqued silver stuff and little silver leaves in it before.

I also have a faux leather cuff, but I don't have a photo of that - sorry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards