Nevada-Las Vegas

Makeup touch ups

For those of you that used a HMU what did you do for makeup touch ups throughout the evening, such as lipstick? Did you bring your own from home, did the HMU supply you with some? I don't wear makeup on a day to day basis, so I am not even sure what color lipstick I would need to bring with me.

Re: Makeup touch ups

• That is what I've wondered but im concerned about foundation/getting shinny hopefully someone can provide feedback
  • I'm going with Makeup in the 702 and they give you a lipstick. The makeup is guaranteed for something like 18 hours.
  • Hi ladies! I'm a Vegas bride, but I'm also a professional makeup artist so I figured I'd share what I do with my brides. Typically your makeup artist won't leave you with products, but if your makeup is done well, you won't need much for touch ups. If you tend to have oily skin, you may want to carry some blot papers and either a powder compact or a pre powdered puff. Also a lipstick or what ever lip product you prefer. I tell my brides what I used during the consultation so they can go purchase it themselves if they'd like. Or just find the color you like and bring it so you artist can apply it and you'll have it for touch ups. Hope that helps!
  • Thanks for the tip Rachel! I was wondering about that too. Since you're a professional makeup artist are there any specific brands or types of lipstick you would recommend for the wedding day, in terms of longevity, moisture, etc. I'm thinking about taking your advice and buying the lip color and giving it to my HMUA to use on me. I'm going to ask her about her recommendations but I want as many tips as I can get :)
  • More ideas are always better! :) I've been auditioning lip colors myself. If you want something a little more creamy, I'd go with MAC Pro Longwear lipcreme, which goes on like a regular lipstick, or Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil, which is a big fat pencil. Both go on creamy and don't feel too dry on the lips, but last a long time. If you want something that's going to stay ALL day, I'd recommend either Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick or MAC Pro Longwear Lipcolor. Both are like a liquid Lipcolor/gloss. The color stays all day but can feel dry on the lips. The MAC one comes with a clear gloss that you can reapply. These are great for grooms who hate having kiss marks. :).
  • Thanks for the tips! very helpful! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards