Offbeat Weddings

Flower Girl/Ring bearer combo....

Hi -- My wedding is very small, we only invited 40 people (to the great disappointment of many!) and my location is very small, not a traditional wedding location. There's hardly an "aisle" so to speak. There are no wedding parties. But my fiance's 4 year old niece, Cara, is my favorite little thing ever, and of course I told her she is the flower girl - she has been "practicing" relentlessly. She is the only one under the age of 22 that will be there. I want her to have the flower girl experience (more for her than for me). We're going to have some type of aisle...but it may only be 8 feet long, not sure yet. Wedding is in 3 months. The guests all have to stand, there's no room on this little patio (especially with the chuppah) for chairs. Anyway, Cara is on double trouble duty - she'll drop some petals, and carry the rings. Any ideas on how to execute this? I'm just concerned she won't be able to hold the basket, reach in and out with petals and carry a ring pillow at the same time. I've only been to maybe, 2 or 3 weddings in the last 5 years, so I have not seen much. Any feedback on a flower girl/ring bearer combo would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Re: Flower Girl/Ring bearer combo....

• heidirs731heidirs731 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2013
    I agree. I don't think she could carry the basket, drop peddles, and carry the rings at the same time. Could you tie the rings to the basket? Like maybe to the brim or the handle or something, without the pillow.

Also, people are going to ask about the no-seating. Do you have guests who are going to have trouble standing for the whole ceremony?
  • I've never used a forum before so I don't know how to reply so you know I am replying to you, but that is SUCH a good idea!!!!!! I don't see why that wouldn't work. I love it! Wow, so glad that I asked!!! 

I really can't think of one person that would have a problem standing. We are purposely going to make the ceremony as short and sweet as possible, because as a compulsive sitter myself, I know how annoying it is to have to stand! 

Does that link work? I actually found a photo! So to the right where there's the little space is where our chuppah will be, and the tables will be moved for the ceremony but you can see how small the space is. And then Cara will walk through the double doors ahead of me.....
  • That is a very pretty space! I agree, there's little room. I was thinking if you had elderly people, you might have an issue. Like my grandma has bad knees and my mother has arthritis, so neither of them could stand.

Are you using the building for the reception hall? 

To reply to someone specifically, you can use the quote button in the bottom left corner below the profile picture. But also just commenting after someone else did works as well.

I also googled "flower basket ring pillow in one" to see if maybe anyone had come up with the idea of attaching the pillow to the basket, but I didn't come up with anything. I think tying the rings would be great. You'd just want to be careful how you did the knot. Too lose and they might fall, too tight and they might be hard to get off when you are ready to put them on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards