Connecticut
Options

Back as a Mrs.! With reviews

My day was amazing!!! I was extremely happy with every vendor and most of them are from recommendations from you all so thank you :)
Not one thing went wrong so all great reviews.

Uplighting - Entertainment Unlimited provided the uplighting for my wedding at Cascade. The price was less than half what I was being quoted by multiple other vendors. My contact with Bob was professional and he consistently responded quickly. He negotiated price with me and was willing to meet at any time to view the lights and go over the terms of the contract. When I arrived at Cascade on my wedding day and noticed the lights I was thrilled. I loved the purple color and they really created a beautiful, romantic atmosphere. They were set up well before guests arrived for cocktail hour and they were broken down and removed only after all the guests had left the venue. I highly recommend Entertainment Unlimited for uplighting.

Venue - Cascades was AMAZING. Domenic was a pleasure to work with. He was knowledgeable, helpful, and responded to emails and phone calls within hours. On the day of, the entire staff worked efficiently, professionally and everything ran smoothly. I was very satisfied with the service we received. The grounds are gorgeous and the ballroom is just breathtaking. They put out all of my decor beautifully. Just perfect.

Photo/Video - King Vincent Storm. Vinny and Ann-Marie are amazing photographers. Vinny did our engagement session and he directed us newbies well and helped us to have an amazing time. He designed the guest book with those photos and it came out so beautiful. It was way more professional than anything I could have done online myself. 
The day of the wedding they arrived on time and jumped right into taking pictures. Ann-Marie acted like a mother helping me to fix my dress and hold my bouquet in the right spot. She made sure that I looked great. As husband and wife Vinny and Ann-Marie work so well together and they know how to make sure they get all the shots you could want. They were efficient and flexible. I can't wait to see the photos and video from the day!

Cake - Creative Cakes by Donna. Wow. Donna's cakes are beautiful and delicious. Our venue price included Donna as a choice for our cake and we were very impressed with the taste and design. At our tasting, Donna was so nice and accommodating. We tried a bunch of different flavors and fillings but settled on red velvet and peanut butter mousse. AMAZING. We selected our cake design from her galleries but she individualized the design to suit our decor/colors/and personalities. She used our ideas and turned them into a gorgeous cake. We used buttercream frosting and it was delicious.

Donna also designed a groom's cake for my husband. I sent her a few pictures and she created an awesome wrestling ring cake that I put my husband's old wrestlers in. The cake came out great and my husband was beyond thrilled. This was strawberry shortcake and it got rave reviews from everyone.

Thank you to Donna and I highly recommend her cakes!

Dress - Mariella's - I had an amazing experience shopping for my wedding dress at Mariella's. The saleslady was accommodating- I picked out about 15 dresses and she helped me into and out of every single one. She was never pushy and I had my own private room. She was attentive and sweet. My seamstress Margaret was amazing. She listened to my concerns and helped make sure my dress would fit perfectly. She altered my bra too and steamed my veil for me. Amazing service.

Bridesmaid dresses - Alfred Angelo Manchester. Great service, loved the dresses. We didn't do alterations there.

DJ - After Hours DJ - I had Bert and Peter for my DJs. They were fun and kept the party going. They did a great job with the introductions and got everyone excited. They played the music we requested and mixed in some other selections that kept people dancing. Part of their package is that they take candids. The pictures were posted immediately and even though they aren't edited it's nice to see some pictures right away while you're waiting for the pro pics. Also, at the end of the night, Bert gave us two discs with our wedding music on them. Such a thoughtful added touch. They really work to make the night special and go above and beyond expectations. My contact with After Hours before the wedding was great. They are easily accessible and responsive.

Hair and Makeup - Beauty Entourage - WOW. Beauty Entourage was recommended to me by a friend and I'm so glad I went with their services for hair and makeup. My trials were amazing. Both Ashley and Kyle took my inspiration photos and turned them into a unique wedding day look. On the day of, the team arrived on time and stuck to the schedule, even finishing before time was up with adding an additional girl for makeup. They were very professional but also chatted with us and helped us have fun. Ashley and Nicole did the hair and Kyle did the makeup. For the hair - the girls didn't really have any idea what they wanted so Ashley and Nicole helped them pick a hairstyle and made sure they were happy with it. They did touch ups before they left as well. For my hair, Ashley did such an amazing updo. She helped my sister learn to take the veil out as well. Kyle did makeup for 4 of us and he listened to what the girls wanted. Ashley, Nicole and Kyle are all extremely talented. I am so happy I chose them for our hair and makeup.

Transportation - Able To Assist - We used able to assist for our limo transportation the day of and also for a town car to and from the airport for the honeymoon. Tony was our driver the day of. He was early and the car was clean and beautiful. Tony helped me get in and out of the car and had water available. He had the directions and we arrived everywhere on time. My contact with the company was great - they are accessible by email and phone and respond very quickly. We completed our contract via email as well. 
The ride to the airport was equally great. Jorge was our driver and he was so kind and professional. He arrived early as well and we had a smooth ride. He was on time picking us up from the airport and again was extremely professional on the way back. The price was better than any other company we looked at. 
Highly recommended

Flowers - Just for You by Jane - Jane was amazing throughout the entire planning process. She was responsive to emails and calls. She met with me 3 times. She was patient and creative. I brought pictures and she turned my vague ideas into a beautiful creation. The centerpieces, bouquets and displays were gorgeous. The flowers were fresh and the arrangements were beautiful. Jane let us bring the vases back anytime the following week with no rush. Jane is creative and her work is amazing. She works with the budget as well, making sure you know your options.

Boudoir - Simply K Studios - recommended through a friend and I was nervous but I had such a great experience. Kathy is so easy to talk to and was very responsive over email/text. I purchased a groupon so the session was cheap, the album was $350 or so. They have a studio up in Chicopee that's shabby chic with great props and furniture. Kathy has a makeup artist, Vanessa, who is willing to come up to do the makeup before hand and it came out amazing! There wasn't A/C but Kathy had fans blowing. Tons of natural light. I was nervous before the session but Kathy made me feel so comfortable. She eased into the pictures and she chatted with me through the whole session. I felt at ease and so comfortable. I brought lots of outfits and accessories and Kathy helped me pick ones that would coordinate with the decor. Also, I (stupidly) got sunburned the day before and Kathy hand touched-up the photos and it's not noticeable AT ALL unless you know it's there. The entire experience was great and then the album came out great! 

Any questions let me know!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards