Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Mori Lee brides?

Hello!  I think I found my dress this week - of course, being as indecisive as I am I needed to let it sit for a few days before ordering...

It's a Mori Lee, #1824.  I loved everything about it & felt great in it.  My mom did some searching online because we haven't heard much about Mori Lee overall, and found a couple of complaints that were a little unsettling.  (http://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.morilee.com)

I'm buying my dress from a bridal salon that has a great reputation and is a dealer for Mori Lee, Mikaella, Maggie Sottero, and a few other smaller lines.  I'm thinking that if there was an issue with the dress, they should be the first ones to help remedy it?

Of course, it's hard to tell how much weight to give to a few anonymous internet reviews.  I'd love to hear from any bride (or bridesmaid, or family member, or friend...) that has had a Mori Lee gown and if they were pleased with it.

Thank you so much!

Re: Mori Lee brides?

• Options
    I have a Mori Lee dress and I absolutely love it!  It's way simpler than the one you're thinking of but I'm very happy with it--the fabric looks great and it fits perfectly.  My *only* complaint was that I ordered extra fabric to have straps made and the dress ended up coming with a matching wrap that would have been plenty of fabric for straps.  It wasn't the worst thing ever, and I don't think the salon was even aware it was coming with a wrap, but it was a mild source of annoyance.

My thought would be that if there are issues with the dress that arrives than, yes, the salon would be responsible for correcting it since they are the one selling you the product.  I can't say I have any direct experience dealing with defective dresses from bridal salons though.
  • Options
    there are a lot of mori lee brides on knot i purchased mine but my wedding is not till next june. i cant wait to get the dress in. the only thing with mori lee is they dont customize their dresses so if you wanted something changed the salon has to do that 
  • Options

As a huge fan of Mori Lee--all my prom dresses were Mori Lee--and although my goal was to get a Mori Lee wedding dress I just never found one that ended up with that "that's my dress" moment. #1816 was super close but just didnt cut it because I wanted lace.

However, to the point--Most of those remarks are from people with bad experiences. I'm a review junky on just about anything and the #1 thing i've noticed is that most people send negative reviews than they do great reviews. Most people who are angry are more likely to take the time to write bad reviews than those who had great experiences. From the link you attached there weren't that many... so as big of a brand name as Mori Lee is there should be thousands! Also because there are so many sites that allow people to publicly post reviews on brands I would check out all of those as well and compare. If all the negative reviews have similar or common mistakes then I might second guess it. However, it is Mori Lee and just like with any store/brand/human they are bound to make a few mistakes... unfortunately some brides had to experience that.

All in all, I would still recommend Mori Lee for bridal--although i dont have one for mine I knew several who have with no complaints. I have 4 prom dresses that still work just fine after all these years!!! lol. But make sure before you make a decision if you are truly second guessing, check out several reviews, that have couple 100 more responses and go off of those.

Hope that helps! and good luck!

• Options
    Thanks for your responses!  I took a look at their facebook page as well and found the positive reviews we didn't see before. 
    I think we are going to order the dress this week!  :) 
    It's so exciting - but at the same time a little strange making such a purchase and knowing you won't get it for months!
  • Options
    Would anyone be willing to share what they spent for their Mori Lee?  I'm loving a few of their styles, but want to make sure I'm not getting ripped off with the pricing!
  • Options
    Of all the different designers I tried on, Mori Lee was my favorite.  
    For pricing, Check RK Bridal and BestBridalPrices.com.  Since they're both brick and mortar bridal shops with online stores, they'll give you a realistic price to go by.  I paid $999 for my dress; it was $950 on RK and $1008 on BestBridalPrices. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards