October 2013 Weddings
Options

Shower Recap

My shower was on Saturday and my girls did an amazing job!

They set up a full taco buffet. There was ground beef, shredded chicken, refried beans, and black beans. All taco fixings. Salsas, taco dip, different types of taco salads, etc. My grandma made an amazing cake that was strawberry flavored with cream cheese frosting.

It started at one and with how many people were there, I thought for sure it would have lasted at least two hours. Once everyone got seated we ate right away and then moved onto gifts. There were only two games, "know your bride", and Bingo. One BM started opening cards and lifting flaps of paper to make it easier for me to open, one wrote what I got on the cards, and the other took the gift as I opened them and consolidate them into bigger boxes for less garbage/recycling at our house. We were all done by 2:30. Some people mingled for a bit and every guest was out by 3.

It was such a great day and I am so blessed to have all the family and friends that FI and I do.

Re: Shower Recap

• Options
    Taco bar sounds fantastic and the cake sounds amazing!!  Glad to hear you had a great day!

My shower was Saturday too.  My MOH outdid herself, it was at an amazing bistro, which we had to ourselves, the food was insane- eggplant parm, lemon caper chicken, vodka penne, and green beans, plus brownies and a raspberry vanilla cake. 

We did He Said, She Said, which was soo cute and then while I opened gifts my MOH had set up a "Chopped" challenge where each table got a box of supplies and had to transform the items into a bride, it was adorable!
  • Options
    Sounds like a lot of fun!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    Both sound amazing!!!  I'm glad you ladies had a great time!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • Options
    09McSteph0309McSteph03 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited August 2013
    Aw, so glad you two had a good day. Both of your showers sound lovely and fun!

I had mine Saturday as well.  FMIL hosted it and did a phenomenal job.  We did play two very quick games and then ate lunch and opened gifts.  I too feel very blessed for all of these amazing women. They all know me so well and it was really a fun afternoon.  

Edited-first sentence didn't make sense. 
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • Options
    the all sound like so much fun! :) I'm glad the days were special for you guys!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    makes me excited for mine this weekend!! glad you all had fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards