Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Step-daughter's wedding went great.

My step-daughter was married in our backyard this weekend.  Overall it went great.  She is a younger bride (26 years old) and throughout the planning process she was asking me questions and I thought last week she had it all together.  But the day before the wedding and the day of the wedding I realized she had put tons of thought into all the little details that I feel like brides get wrapped up in but I think she failed on some of the basics.  She also failed at delegating and had problems making decisions.  In the end it all got done and it turned out great and I think she was very happy.  I was a little taken aback by the alcohol consumption because alcohol isn't a big part of my life and my husband is a recovering alcoholic.  I got married 7 years ago and I didn't have a drink until we got to the reception.  This weekend my house was filled with liquor bottles from the bridal party before the wedding.  On Sunday I opened a cabinet in the kitchen and there was a random bottle of Tequila.  Some of the guests stayed at a motel next door so we just had to worry they didn't get too rowdy, only one person got sick, nobody got hurt, and my husband was monitoring the drivers.  Overall I think a good time was had by all.

Re: Step-daughter's wedding went great.

• Congratulations! A backyard wedding is a beautiful thing. Alcohol consumption was big at our wedding too, and my husband and I don't drink much... our whole bridal party drank more before the reception than we did all night. Some of them threw up when they left (but all had DDs and got home safely and are usually responsible, so I'm not bothered). Sometimes a wedding is just an excuse to get more "wild" than usual, I guess.

I'm glad it went well and very glad your husband was responsible enough to monitor the drivers. That doesn't happen nearly enough!
  • Our wedding party can get a little crazy about drinking but our bar prices at our reception venue are kind of expensive so I hope that keeps people's consumption down. I'd like people to have fun but don't be too rowdy.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards