Not Engaged Yet
Options

How was your weekend?

Hey guys! How was everyone's weekend?

BF and I (and the pup) went upstate to visit his parents from Friday morning - Sunday afternoon. It was a great visit, and I FINALLY feel like I bonded with his mom a little bit. She's always nice, but we've never talked for any extended periods of time and I've wanted to get to know her better for a while. We spent a few hours on Saturday night going through old family pictures, and I got to take home a few adorable school pictures of BF - I need to get those up on Facebook ASAP! Best of all, BF told me that he'd planning on proposing to me within the year. I'm not really surprised, since I kinda figured that was the case, but it's still really nice to hear him say it. Of course, now I totally wish I asked him "does that mean within 2013, or within the next 12 months...." but I just played it cool. Damn it. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: How was your weekend?

• Options
    edited August 2013
    @Hummingbird125- That's so exciting! It's awesome to know that the proposal is coming but it also sucks b/c if you're an anxious person (such as myself) it drives you crazy, but it's still exciting either way.

Friday was nice, FI and I just stayed in and had dinner together and relaxed. Saturday, we cleaned his place and I did my Insanity which I'm still sore from today. He took me on a date night that evening to Marlows, then cupcakes, and then we went to this super redneck bar down the street from his place. It was so much fun but I definitely had too much to drink. I had a headache all day yesterday. The good news is though, since I was a lazy bum and didn't leave the apartment...I finished my invitations!!! Woo hoo!! Now I will send them out in a couple weeks!!
  • Options
    I had a great weekend! This past week I was in Kansas on vacation with my family. We rented a lake house and it turned out to be way more fun than I thought it would be. We drove back to Colorado on Friday and met some old family friends for dinner. They recently moved out here from Maryland so it's awesome that they are so much closer now!

On Saturday we went to Garden of the Gods with our family friends. It was super crowded but still pretty fun. Then we had lunch in Manitou Springs, which is a fun little tourist town. BF met up with us after lunch and we spent the weekend just hanging out. I went home with BF Saturday night and my family left super early Sunday morning to drive back to Idaho.

I didn't do much on Sunday. BF and I started planning our next camping trip and found some new spots to try. I had to drive back up to my place Sunday afternoon though because I have a work meeting this morning.

@Hummingbird125 - That's great that you got in a little bonding time with your BF's mom :) And yay! Just one more year of waiting!

• Options
    @Hummingbird125 - Yay!!

@southernpeach89 - It's got to be nice to have those out of the way!

@all - Glad everyone had good weekends.

Weekend was mostly quiet - BF and I went down to my parents' place for extended knitting blocking on Friday evening. Less fun than it sounds - blocking isn't the most fun part of knitting, plus I wrenched my knee really really hard somehow while wetting down one of the blankets. Good news is we were able to do three blankets this time instead of the the one we normally get done. Bad news is we didn't get to leave town until pretty darn late, so Friday night got to be long.

I spent most of Saturday and Sunday sick - disordered stomach (I think it was partly due to the pain medication, I took a lot more than I usually do) and screaming headache. Nothing like stacking a migraine on top of hurt knee. No migraine pills for me, either, I had to sleep it off to the extent that was possible. When I was awake, I was knitting on a commissioned baby blanket for BF's friend and watching preseason football.
  • Options
    @bethsmiles - Do you go camping a lot? I haven't been in years, but I really want to go again soon! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Hummingbird125 - That's so exciting! I remember when H first asked if I wanted to go look at rings. Best feeling ever! 

@southerpeach89 - The invitations really made it feel real for me. Did you AW them? If so, I think I missed it.

My weekend was really nice! H and I rented a cabin in the Catskills just to get away for a couple days. 

On Saturday after breakfast, we took Lucy for a hike and she had a blast. We let her off the leash since we were the only people out there. We took her back to the house after a few hours and then had a late lunch in a cute little town nearby. 

That night, we went to a drive-in movie! I've never been to one and I thought it was so cool! We saw Elysium which I really liked. After the movie, H made a fire and we had smores.

Yesterday, we got up and headed home pretty early. We watched some more of the Sopranos season 3 and then I watched Big Brother and Dexter (holy shitballs, Dexter) last night. 

• Options

Weekend here was busy.  Had to travel for my niece's birthday with H and the dog.  Then had to work while traveling/trying to celebrate with family.  It was a long weekend (not in a good way) and I need a day off. 

@keptinstitches - I'm sorry to hear you were sick.

• Options
    @bethsmiles - Garden of the Gods is so cool! We went horseback riding there for DH's mom's 50th birthday two summers ago. I was smitten. I thought that town just got really badly flooded though? Or was that a different "springs?" 
  • Options
    @swazzle - Your weekend sounds awesome (and adorable)!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    @swazzle- Yes, I posted them back in June I believe since they came in pretty early on. They are very simple but elegant. I love pearl color of them. Here are some pictures:

ETA: It will be our 3 month mark on Friday...I feel it has just flown by! lol Once these get sent out, it's going to feel even more real.
  • Options

Everyone sounds like they had an amazing weekend!

This weekend starts the first weekend of "a lot of shit going on every weekend" time of year for us. Saturday I cooked BF a huge breakfast and then we vaccuumed the pool and hung out in the pool. Saturday night our neighbor came over and played Xbox with BF. I decided to go to ahouse party at an old co-worker of mine. It was a lot of fun and got to see a lot of people I worked in the salaon with.

Sunday I went to my friend's baby shower. I ate my weight in pierogies and cake.

I don't want it to be Monday.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    Hey all, I am returning from my sabbatical (aka probably the shortest GBCK ever), and I want to talk weekends too! :)

@Hummingbird125, haha, your question was the same as mine - "what exactly IS 'within the year'?" Either way, that is super-exciting!
    @bethsmiles, glad you had a great time on your family vacation! Those can be a mixed bag, so I am happy it went well for you. Yay for more camping trips coming up!

This weekend was pretty awesome. On Friday I worked, and just the fact that I actually made money this week was wonderful in and of itself; plus, I really missed my co-workers and my job after school this summer. Saturday I went to visit a friend in Baltimore, and we went on a nice walk in this park near her apartment. Got a little sunburned, but at least now I have some color. That night, BF and I went on a double-date with an old friend and his new girlfriend (they've been dating for over a year now, but she's new to us since this is only the second or third time we've met her). We both really like her, so I see a lot of double-dates with them in our future now that they both live closer to us. We went to the county fair and watched the demolition derby, which is always a good time. Sunday I worked a twelve hour shift, but thankfully it was an easy day since I only got four hours of sleep. Today is just chores and errands before I cram in some more shifts at work this week.
  • Options
    My weekend was actually very productive, for once in my life. On Friday, I had dinner with my SO's mom. It was actually great that it was just the two of us because it's usually us, my SO and his sister. My SO and sister both had to work overtime, so we went without them, splurged, drank martinis and ate lobster like queens. 

Saturday I went back to school shopping and grocery shopping. I bought a bookcase, 100 notebooks, 100 folders, tons of pens, pencils, rulers, binders and much more for under $80. Not bad! I also went to H&M and took advantage of the 15% off for students and teachers. I'm so accomplished lol

Saturday night my SO and I finished up Orange is the New Black on Netflix. I'm sad that it's over...and House of Cards just doesn't draw me in. We ate ice cream and went to bed. Sunday we got up, made breakfast and went to Home Depot for random stuff (I couldn't even tell ya). After that we went bowling for 2 hours and I drank way too much beer. I took a nap afterwards and then watched my beloved RHWONJ. Only one more week of vacation until school starts back up again...sad tears.
  • Options
    500days said:
    Saturday night my SO and I finished up Orange is the New Black on Netflix. I'm sad that it's over..
    I finished Orange is the New Black last week - I was iffy on it for most of the season, but by the end I was really into it. That was a pretty crazy season finale though - I can't wait until season 2 is out. I also started watching "Top of the Lake". Not sure how I feel about that yet...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @hummingbird125 Is Top of the Lake a netflix series too? I totally regret how fast I went through the entire season of Orange is the New Black. The characters were amazing. I need to rewatch some of it though, because I forget how Morello (the Italian planning her wedding) ended up in prison.
  • Options
    I'm digging "House of Cards" about 6 months after everyone else, but I did the BBC one first. I love Netflix - nowhere else does that much BBC exist in one place. I also did "Call the Midwife" recently, which was a rollicking good time.
  • Options
    @cschiano - Manitou Springs did get flooded really badly. They've cleaned up the main roads really well but you can see the damage still in the alleys and side streets.

• Options
    I am out of it right now (will briefly explain in a bit), but I'll try to write coherently.

I spent the week (Sunday to Sunday) with my partner and his family (immediate and extended) in Nova Scotia. They go every year, and it's super important to them; I was too sick to go last year and was really excited for my first trip. Unfortunately, my chronic illness re-flared during the 11-hour car ride up there, and we had to make a bunch of unscheduled bathroom stops :( I ended up being fine, since I brought some emergency meds, but it was stressful nonetheless.

The trip was really relaxing, and I really needed the internet detox! It was also very fun because one of my partner's brothers had proposed to his now-wife on one of the beaches during the annual trip a few years ago. Like his brother, my partner loves Nova Scotia VERY much, and he always imagined that he would propose to his future wife there. His family is well aware of that, so they dropped hints about giving us time alone. We're 99% sure that a lot of them expected we'd get engaged during the trip.

Today was a total crapshoot though. I took an extra day off work because originally, we were driving back Monday; no one told us otherwise till we were already in Nova Scotia. So I picked up our parakeet from my mom's and spent some time chatting with her. When my partner and I both got home, things started going downhill. I did a bad job of clipping our bird's wings (he has to be clipped when he's being bird-sat for long periods of time), and before we left for Canada, he'd fallen and cracked his beak. He was fine, but then tonight, he fell AGAIN and broke a blood feather. I had to drive him to the animal hospital and pay a lot of money to have them pull the feather for me. He's fine, but uuuugh stress.

THEN when I got home, my partner was very upset because he had taken a bath and when he got out, there was a tick in the water. Sure enough, it was slightly engorged and I found the site of the bite on his head. He probably got it during the hike he was on this weekend before we came hom. He's fine, but he's a city boy--this is his first tick.

And finally, when we finally calmed ourselves down, I discovered a HUGE itchy red welt on my leg. I vaguely remembered an inch-long fly that bit me on Saturday. Idiot that I am, I didn't realize it was a horse fly. So I'm icing it and I took Benadryl--hence the loopiness.

I'm going back to work tomorrow. I hope this week doesn't completely suck. No more injuries allowed now.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards