Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

$6.50 vs $11.50 per invite (not incl design + shipping) worth the splurge?

How much are you guys allotting to invites? I want it to make an impression but then its also such a forgettable item.

Re: $6.50 vs $11.50 per invite (not incl design + shipping) worth the splurge?

• Options
    I think I would need to know how many you are ordering. If you are inviting about 200 people which was like 120 invites (so we would have a few extra), I would go with the $6.50. They really only matter to you. Most people don't remember them.
  • Options
    About 75 invites, but exactly... my point too, people forget it and throw em out.
    Thanks for the comment. Helps.
  • Options
    Do order a few extra of what you decide, and don't forget to pack it no the day of the wedding. Some photographers like to use the wedding invitations in photos
  • Options
    I think if you like both equally I would go with the less expensive invite.

As a guest I think I have only ever said, "oh that is a cute invite" once and once the wedding is over with the invite goes in the trash.

But I agree with huynette, make sure to order a few extra just in case.

• Options
    Honestly we spent $1.80 on our invitations, so IMO both are too expensive for me. If you like them both, go with the less expensive ones and use the $400 on something else.

• Options
    Our invitations cost less than $2 each and everyone remembered them, because my H designed original artwork for them. But they were just basic 5X7 card stock, so they were cheap to print.

On the other hand, I got a giant monstrosity pocketfold that must have cost at least $10 per invite (the stamps along were $1.80) and I remember it...because I remember thinking "my god who would spend that kind of money on invitations? Each piece doesn't have to be triple mounted 130lb cardstock!).

My point is, your invitations can be memorable without spending much. Adding more paper/belly bands/bejeweling, etc doesn't make it more memorable necessarily. 
  • Options
    This is really a personal preference based on overall wedding budget.  To some, both $6.50 and $11.50 is going to be too much.  To others, it's a drop in the bucket.  
  • Options
    All great advice ladies. Thanks so much. Love the idea of having the invite photographed by the wedding photog.
    Will be going with the lower priced invite, which is a simpler passport style, with 4 pages (its a destination wedding)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards