Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Etiquette for small ceremony and reception! Need help!

My fiance and I have decided to have a small ceremony on the beach and then we are paying for dinner at a restaurant for our guests. I am wondering if I should still have a bridal shower because there will a lot of people that would come to the shower that won't be invited to the wedding but I would still like to celebrate and see all of my family and friends. Also, should we expect gifts? We don't care either way but we have registries already from when we thought we were going all out on a big ceremony and reception. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Etiquette for small ceremony and reception! Need help!

• Options
    Ditto scribe. Plus, you don't throw your own shower. You only have one if someone offers to throw it for you. PLEASE do not invite anyone not invited to the actual wedding.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Anyone invited to the shower must also be invited to the wedding and reception.
  • Options
    My fiance and I have decided to have a small ceremony on the beach and then we are paying for dinner at a restaurant for our guests. I am wondering if I should still have a bridal shower because there will a lot of people that would come to the shower that won't be invited to the wedding but I would still like to celebrate and see all of my family and friends. Also, should we expect gifts? We don't care either way but we have registries already from when we thought we were going all out on a big ceremony and reception. 
    The only people you can invite to a shower, if someone offers to throw you one, are the people you are inviting to your ceremony.
  • Options
    I'm not throwing my own shower. My friend offered to throw one for me but I was not sure what to tell her after we decided to have a small ceremony and reception. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I'm not throwing my own shower. My friend offered to throw one for me but I was not sure what to tell her after we decided to have a small ceremony and reception. 

Is your friend invited to the wedding?

If she wants to host a shower that's fine but the only guests should be also invited to the wedding.

An invite to a shower is not a consolation prize for not being invited to the wedding. Showers are designed to be gift giving events. To invite someone to a shower and not the wedding says they are good enough to give you a gift but not good enough to see you get married.

• Options
    Since a shower is a PRE wedding event, only people invited to the actual event can be invited. It's really tacky to do otherwise. Have a fabulous small shower! 
  • Options
    The friend is going to the wedding. Thank you for answering the question! She still wants to throw a bridal shower but it will be small. Also, where do you guys find the countdowns on the knot? They are all really cute!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are only having 30 guests at our wedding. My MOH is throwing me a shower. There will be 12 women there including myself. It will be at a winery and a nice afternoon where we can chat and visit with each other and have a good time. I think it will be lovely with only 12 people and actually prefer that over having a ton of people that I hardly know watching me open all their presents for hours.
  • Options
    futuremrskg00futuremrskg00 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2013
    I would prefer a small shower too. I don't enjoy big crowds and I really don't like being the center of those crowds!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards