Not Engaged Yet

Today Sucked - Rant

bethsmilesbethsmiles member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited August 2013 in Not Engaged Yet
I just want to rant about the day I had (I'm pretty sure BF is sick of hearing about it!). Yesterday I fell in my office and landed really hard on my foot. It hurt but I didn't think much of it. I spent the night keeping it elevated and icing it. This morning it was no better, still really swollen and I couldn't put any weight on it. I was afraid it was broken so I went to the doctor. After being at the doctor for an hour they decided it wasn't broken but that I had fallen hard enough to bruise the bone. So they set me up with a boot thing, crutches, and drugs. At this point all I want to do is go home. I'm exhausted from not being able to sleep the night before because of the pain and I absolutely hate going to the doctor so that didn't improve my mood.

But OF COURSE as I'm driving to pick up my pain killers the car dies. I managed to get it going again enough to get me to the Walgreens. The woman in front of me in line is taking forever and keeps arguing with the pharmacy guy because she doesn't understand that her prescription is going to take an hour and  half to fill because of some screening thing they have to do. She finally a leaves and as I hobble up comes back! She then proceeds to argue with the guy about whether or not he gave her back her ID - he did. The longer I stand there, the more pissed off I'm getting and my prescription isn't ready yet so I just have to stand around and wait for 20 more minutes until it is.

I get back in the car and decide to call my insurance's roadside assistance because I have no idea what is wrong with my car or how far it will drive. They tell me my roadside assistance membership was canceled in May. Umm...no - I fucking signed up for it in May! At this point I'm just sitting in my car crying because I'm so stressed and overwhelmed by the whole day. After freaking out I just decided to see if the car would get me to the closest auto repair place. And thank god it did. They fixed it up and sent me on my way. I get home and the power is out just to top the whole day off with one more crappy thing!

The power is finally back on but I'm so glad today is pretty much over!

Re: Today Sucked - Rant

• Oh wow :( That is a BEYOND shitty day! I am so sorry!

I really feel like there should be a special place in hell for people like that woman in Walgreens. Seriously--there are people WAITING, so if you want to keep arguing with the pharmacist, do it AFTER they help everyone else! UGH. I hate people who waste EVERYONE's time like that.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Wow. What a lousy day. 

I believe there should be a mechanical-devices-hell for things like cars that break down at the worst possible moment.
  • phira said:
    Oh wow :( That is a BEYOND shitty day! I am so sorry!

I really feel like there should be a special place in hell for people like that woman in Walgreens. Seriously--there are people WAITING, so if you want to keep arguing with the pharmacist, do it AFTER they help everyone else! UGH. I hate people who waste EVERYONE's time like that.
    I so agree! People kept lining up behind me and there were about 5 of us by the time she was done!

@KeptInStitches - I'm convinced my car hates me. It always has issues at the worst possible time!

• Ugh, I'm sorry you had such a horrible day :( That is more than just your typical bad day! I hope thou indulged in some chocolate, margaritas, rom-coms, or other favorite guilty pleasure to make up for it, you definitely had earned it!
  • Wow, Beth, what a shitty day :( 

I hope your foot is ok and today is a better day for you!!

• Wow Beth - that completely sucks. I had a similar experience last week when a bunch of sucky things happened all day and then my microwave totally died while trying to defrost chicken - and I was a sniffling mess about it - but your day sounds about 10x worse. Just focus on the fact that it's very easy to go "uphill" from such a crappy day! 

I hope your foot gets better soon!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • People like that at Walgreens make me want to go on a killing spree. I'm sorry your day sucked so bad. loves you <3 
  • I'm sorry you had such a rough day.  I hope today is better for you.

As to Walgreens...yeah, I worked there in high school and summer breaks in college.  There are people like that ALL the time.  Heck, I even had things thrown at me by sucky customers.  People are shameless when they don't get what they want sometimes.

• That sucks major donkey dick hun! I'm so sorry you had such a shitty day and even more sorry that you have a bum foot. Sending you lots of hugs and healing thoughts, and unicorns of justice to use as you so choose. ;)

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Thanks for letting me rant! Sorry this was sort of a post and run. I had an all day TA training thing today which was mostly a waste of time but oh well.

My foot is actually a lot better today. It still hurts but I can at least put some weight on it :)

• That's good--you'll need to be able to put weight on it so you can kick the ass of any more Walgreens offenders!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards