August 2013 Weddings

Whoever said wedding planning is fun was high.

With 3 days until the wedding FI's aunt just called asking if she can bring her two foster kids to the wedding. WTF?!? Umm no our seating plan is already made, our final payments for dinner are already made! So she replies saying her and her family of 4 will not be able to attend then. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? So FI says well we already paid for your plates and we will now have a half empty table at the front of the room, youve have the invite for months and you couldnt ask us sooner if the foster kids could come or find a babysitter in that time? So she says fine she will bring Subway for the foster kids. WTF!? Are you completely clueless? Are you planning on having them eat their subway on the floor?? It doesnt matter what they are eating they will still need a place to sit!!!!! SO FRUSTRATED!

All of this is going on while I am burning the music to cds for the ceremony and realize its not working at all so I will now have to call our DJ and beg him to start an hour and a half earlier which I am sure he will charge me an arm and a leg for. Wonderful end to my night.

Re: Whoever said wedding planning is fun was high.

• I totally agree. I knew what I liked but there are so many small details and working with people I will be so happy when this is over. Had about 4 meltdowns last week and this week I don't care about getting stuff done I'm focusing on managing my stress. 300 roses in tonight to deal with then I'm watching some netflicks.

Oh and I keep getting texts from guests asking to bring people. One of my friends informed me 2 of her 4 kids were coming. She could only rsvp for her and her husband and only pick food for them, why the heck would you assume that the kids were invited. It's clearly a no kid wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had the same issue with guests for my wedding! After I told my cousin that only he and his mom were invited he showed up at the wedding with his niece and a date! Another cousin brought his 2 sons! I don't think people understand the cost and planning that goes behind a wedding. It was the most frustrating part of the planning process.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • all i  can say is WOW. and shake my head... im having some last min annoyances too. 
    Anniversary

TTC starting 8/2014 :)
    My Ovulation Chart

• Same issues here with guests. People have no idea what goes into planning a wedding...the money, energy, and time. It is really sad.

..Almost there! Hang in there, it will be worth it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards