Not Engaged Yet

Nose Ring During Interview?

I have a question and I thought I could poll you ladies to get an opinion. 

Next week I have an interview for a fellowship at a rather prestigious government organization. In the "attire" section of the informational email they sent me they specified that "professional attire is highly encouraged." So I'm in the process of picking out what I am going to wear, but I was wondering if I should take out my nose ring for the two days I'll be interviewing. I have a small, "diamond-looking" post on my right side - I attached a picture from out wedding that shows it pretty well. 

I also would welcome any advice on what to wear :) 

Re: Nose Ring During Interview?

• I would take it out. 

• I would also take it out.

As far as what to wear, it's hard to go wrong with a skirt-and-blazer set.
  • I can't see the pic, but I'd take it out just to be on the safe side. Good luck with your interviews!!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Ok, I think I will take it out. I just hope the hole doesn't look stupid. 
  • @beanbot2002 - apparently the picture disappeared. lame.
  • I don't think people will notice the hole but will likely notice the nose ring.  I would take it out.
  • I would take it out, and I would also be SUPER annoyed that we live in a society where we judge people by piercings and tattoos and crap. I can understand expecting proper hygiene and proper dress, but a small diamond-y nose stud is about as inoffensive as a non-ear-piercing can get. Arg.

Good luck with the interview!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • I also vote to take it out. I think it looks lovely on you, but you never know what preconceived notions your interviewer(s) will have and it's always best to be as conservative as possible to give yourself the best shot.

On that note, I would also steer your outfit that direction. A dark colored suit with a white blouse is pretty standard. Tips I've heard over the years - wear stockings if you choose a skirt. Keep the skirt knee length. Wear close-toed shoes (I actually know people who take offence to open toed shoes even though I think that's rediculous). Keep nail polish red or french manicure.

• Take it out.  Wear a full suit.

Also, when are we having a Chicago G2G?
  • @phira - I totally agree about how stupid it is to be judged by things like tattoos and piercings. And it isn't as if I have a gauged septum or something, ya know? But I will err on the side of caution and take it out for the interview. 

@loves2shop4shoes - I don't know when this G2G should happen. We have a few other Chicago girls on here too that were talking about it. (@minskat30 and @suzie211) I could potentially do something next week after I get back from my interview. 
  • @loves2shop4shoes and @cschiano - I'd love a Chicago GTG.  I think @suzie211 is getting married (yeah!) next week but we could always arrange something for September!  Just an idea.  :)
  • cschiano said:
    @beanbot2002 - apparently the picture disappeared. lame.

Yeah, none of the posted photos are showing up for me lately. But siggy pics show up just fine. Go figure. STUPID TK! STUPID STUPID DUMB DUMBS! I'll probably get banned for that.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards