Not Engaged Yet
Options

Budget Wedding in DC/MD/VA

My wedding is not for another 3 years, simply because we have a budget, and we want our wedding fall on a specific Date/Day. So now im just brainstorming and i have my 'wedding planner' book handy (LOL).  Im looking for Venues, Photographers/Videographer, Officiants, Caterers, Cakes, Dresses, Tuxs,Transportation, etc. Our budget is $8000.  So if Anybody from DC, MD, VA had/having a wedding (on a budget) and got som great deals, please post the company including their website. Thank You =)

Re: Budget Wedding in DC/MD/VA

• Options
    DJ Vybz was our DJ and he was AMAZING! https://www.facebook.com/djvybzdmv?ref=ts&fref=ts

Our caterer was premiere caterers. http://www.premiercaterers.com/

limos was http://www.rmalimo.com/
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    You will have more luck on your local board

• Options
    ok thank you =)
  • Options
    Yeah, while there are some of us here from the DC Metro area, you'll have much better luck on the DC or NOVA boards.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options

My wedding is not for another 3 years, simply because we have a budget, and we want our wedding fall on a specific Date/Day. So now im just brainstorming and i have my 'wedding planner' book handy (LOL).  Im looking for Venues, Photographers/Videographer, Officiants, Caterers, Cakes, Dresses, Tuxs,Transportation, etc. Our budget is $8000.  So if Anybody from DC, MD, VA had/having a wedding (on a budget) and got som great deals, please post the company including their website. Thank You =)

A lot can change in three years, so I suggest a few things:
    1) waiting until you're engaged to plan your wedding
    2) waiting until 12-15 months out to look at and book your venue
    3) not going to a 'Not Engaged Yet' board to ask about wedding venues
    4) (And admittedly, this is snarky) learning what words to capitalize. The word 'I' = yes. The word 'Tuxs' (sic) = no.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    cu97tiger said:

A lot can change in three years, so I suggest a few things:
    1) waiting until you're engaged to plan your wedding
    2) waiting until 12-15 months out to look at and book your venue
    3) not going to a 'Not Engaged Yet' board to ask about wedding venues
    4) (And admittedly, this is snarky) learning what words to capitalize. The word 'I' = yes. The word 'Tuxs' (sic) = no.

Wait...homegirl isn't engaged? If that's the case, I retract my previous advice and suggest she slow shit way down.

To the rest: Have I told you lately, that I love you?

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options

Wait...homegirl isn't engaged? If that's the case, I retract my previous advice and suggest she slow shit way down.

Here's her getting to know you post. Emphasis added is mine.

Screen Name: prettybrown27

Significant Other's Age:23

What You Do: Law Enforcement/ Hairstylist/MUA/ Wadrobe Stylist (i do it all)

What SO Does: Engineer

State of Relationship: Serious

How Long You've Been Together: almost 4 years

How You Met: facebook, lol

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 11/19/2016

Real Babies: 2 year old Princess

Fur Babies: none

Favorite Thing About Your SO: his sense of humor

I've Been On TK Since: 08/13

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    Doh...
  • Options
    cu97tiger said:

Here's her getting to know you post. Emphasis added is mine.

Screen Name: prettybrown27

Significant Other's Age:23

What You Do: Law Enforcement/ Hairstylist/MUA/ Wadrobe Stylist (i do it all)

What SO Does: Engineer

State of Relationship: Serious

How Long You've Been Together: almost 4 years

How You Met: facebook, lol

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 11/19/2016

Real Babies: 2 year old Princess

Fur Babies: none

Favorite Thing About Your SO: his sense of humor

I've Been On TK Since: 08/13

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:
    Oh dear.

• Options
    CLoGreenEyesCLoGreenEyes member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2013
    Darn it, I had a legitimate contribution to make and everything. *Pout*

Yeah OP, I am confused. Do you consider yourselves engaged, or are you indulging in some pre-planning? If it's the latter, please enjoy your relationship as it is and stay away from the wedding planning until you and your SO are engaged.

If you are engaged, I think there isn't much to do three years out other than look at things you like and make a note of them. Like Tiger said, a lot can change in three years, so any serious planning shouldn't occur until maybe a year before.
  • Options

Oh my......

I hope the secret mods don't ban us for calling the OP out on this!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    I just wanna know where the $8,000 budget came from. It's in 3 years. Why not $8,500, or $7,600? It's so random.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards