Flowers

DIY Bouquets?

edited August 2013 in Flowers

So. I get married next weekend. I had ordered bouquet wraps off Amazon, and they lost our order and now i have no backup. So i'm trying to figure out a good alternative to the wrap. Has anyone made their own bouquet using the pins and ribbon method? Did they turn out well? Please let me know.

Re: DIY Bouquets?

• I did just ribbon for one our our mock-ups.  They were cute.  There a tons of youtube tutorials on ways to tie to the ribbon.

I've also heard of some people using toilet paper or papertowl cardboard rolls and covering them with fabric/ribbon/paper or other embellishments and just dropping the bouquet in after constructing it.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • I made four bouquets last weekend for my step-daughter.  I used floral tape while assembling the bouquets and finished them with ribbon, which was secured with a pin.  It worked fine.  I did watch some youtube tutorials.
  • perfect. thanks, ladies!
  • I found that black electrical tape works really well for holding everything together, if you can't find floral tape.  I did a mock-up and tossed the bouquet around in the yard.  Other than flower petals coming off and it looking battered, it was none the worse for wear.  The tape (with ribbons and lace and ppins over top) held up perfectly. 

• Floral tape and ribbon. You can also buy some wraps at the craftstores - I know JoAnn's and Michael's have them in a "wedding" section. 
  • We did all of the bouquets for my cousin's wedding ourselves, and the floral tape/ribbon combo actually held up better than the bouquet holders when we did our mock-ups. Plus, it was a lot less expensive! Floral wholesalers should have tape in varying shades of green, which is helpful if you're worried about gaps appearing in the ribbon.
  • thanks everyone!! we're making them tomorrow! we'll see how this goes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards