Destination Weddings Discussions

Confession Thursday

Re: Confession Thursday

• I confess- I really wish we could have kept this board going the way it once was, I am a bit saddened by the lack of participation from new brides :-(  The knottie knot tradition is something I took over and it bums me out that only one new bride has signed up for it (but of course, very happy that Amber is the next bride to get hers in just a few short months!).  I haven't really done my part in staying extremely active either, but the site really needs new brides to keep it going. 

I do want to thank the brides that do continue to participate here and I hope it's just a minor lull that'll pick up again. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I confess I feel the same way!! I have the Knottie Knot at home and it makes me sad that (maybe) no one else will see it!!!!!

• I agree with you Nicole. It really is a bummer that we have a shortage of new brides and participation. I remember how busy it was back when I first got engaged in December 2012. I feel like ever since then participation has gone down. But like you, I haven't been on as much as I used to be. I wish I knew where all the new brides are going so I can bring them over here. I'm wondering if we are losing them all to Pinterest!

Second confession, I still haven't added my photo to the knottie knot! 

Third confession: I'm going to Mexico in two weeks and very nervous about making ends meet. We need to stick to a very strict budget. Why must money always be a worry! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Great confession! Hm I confess that I am sooo ready for another vacation :)
    Anniversary
  • I love the confessions.  I am also pretty sad too this board has lost its spunk.  I remember when I first came around I just stalked for a little while and then I got into it and then people started dropping off
    :(
    I also confess I am really behind on some wedding stuff :( 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Terrylovesroy the knottie knot is a collection of post cards from previous brides (I think there is a sticky topic on this board with some pictures or on the DW website itself). You get the package before your wedding, read all of them the morning of your wedding (at least that's when I read them) and then you get a post card from your wedding location, add your thoughts and wishes for future brides and attach it to the knot and send it off to the next bride.
  • Julyet06Julyet06 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited August 2013
    Glad to not be the only one feeling this way!  I re-posted a Knottie Knot thread @Terrylovesroy but Sara ( @winogrrl ) summed it up perfectly!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards