Louisiana-New Orleans

Inexpensive Reception Venues

I am desperately looking for a venue that can affordably accomodate 60 guests for under $3500 (including food and alcohol).  Does anyone know of any venues that can make this happen?  I am not picky at all, just trying to stay within my budget.

Re: Inexpensive Reception Venues

• Terrell House was beautiful and reasonable.  The owner I met there was great.  I loved it but our wedding grew bigger than we thought it would and we ended up wanting to be in the quarter. Part of the reason it is so affordable is you buy your alcohol through the distributor and they deliver to the inn.  I would definitely check it out!
  • I had my welcome party at Lucy's Retired Surfers Bar. They had a lot of different options so you may be able to find something in your budget!
  • Thank you both for the suggestions!  I'll look into both of those! :)
  • You may want to try the Pharmacy museum--I know the space is cheap, but I think you have to bring in rentals for chairs, tables, caterer, etc.   So if you have the time to research affordable packages for rentals/caterers it may work.

• I think given your budget, you should probably look for a restaurant with a nominal rental fee.  To get a cheaper caterer, you will likely have to spend at least $1,000 to rent the space, not leaving much room for food, drink, tax and gratuity.
  • I also looked into Palace Cafe, the upstairs of Pat O'Briens and Crescent City Brewery for my small wedding.
  • Try The House of Broel, they had some very inexpensive packages when we were looking. One of the smaller spaces at City Park might also suit you well.
  • How about the Peristyle?  I think it is $700 for the whole day and they don't care what you do with it.  You could have your ceremony and a small reception in the same space.  For food, I would get lots of things from Martin's Wine Cellar.  Their food is delicious and you can return any alcohol that is unchilled and unopened.  
  • I was trying to do the same (but much larger group of people)  120 folks- anymore info on Peristyle?  Otherwise Benachi House may be a good match for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards