Attire & Accessories Forum

Change into more comfy shoes at some point, or rock your fancy heels all night?

I purchased these Badgley Mischkas for my wedding and can't wait to wear them. 

I'm personally not a fan of casual shoes paired with wedding gowns, but I'll most likely have these on from about 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. the next morning, and I'm worried my feet will be in agony. I'd like to have a comfortable back up, just in case, and although I'm not a fan of wedge flip flops either, I'm considering something like this: 

Were any of you able to get through an 12+ hour day in your wedding heels? If you changed footwear, what did you change into? 

Thank you!

Re: Change into more comfy shoes at some point, or rock your fancy heels all night?

• I wore my pretty heels for about 1.5 hours.  After the ceremony and a few pictures my feet were screaming and I switched into my white wedges.  OMG thank the lord I had those wedges.  Unless you have robot feet that never feel pain I suggest you get a pair of wedges just in case.  You certainly don't want to be hobbling around in pain for your entire reception.  You want to be able to enjoy your evening and dance, dance, dance, and you cannot do that when your feet a cursing you to hell.

• I wore my pretty heels for about 1.5 hours.  After the ceremony and a few pictures my feet were screaming and I switched into my white wedges.  OMG thank the lord I had those wedges.  Unless you have robot feet that never feel pain I suggest you get a pair of wedges just in case.  You certainly don't want to be hobbling around in pain for your entire reception.  You want to be able to enjoy your evening and dance, dance, dance, and you cannot do that when your feet a cursing you to hell.
    My feet are pretty tough - I'm only 5' so I've lived in heels my whole life, but I don't want being in pain to ruin my reception, either. Wedges in case sound like a good idea - and they won't show at all, I suppose. 
  • The only time anyone ever saw my wedges was when our photog took a quick shoe pic outside.  The rest of the time my shoes were covered by my dress.  I doubt anyone would have known whether I was wearing knee high boots, heels, wedged sneakers, or flip flops.

• CrazyCatLady3CrazyCatLady3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited August 2013
    Your knees and the balls of your feet will most likely need relief at some point.  If you don't want to do casual flip flops, you could always switch to a formal kitten heel like this:

ETA: I just realized you might have hem issues by doing this...

• Your knees and the balls of your feet will most likely need relief at some point.  If you don't want to do casual flip flops, you could always switch to a formal kitten heel like this:

I thought about something like that, but the hem of my dress is pretty delicate Chantilly lace, and I'm worried that if it drags, it will be ruined. So I'm trying to find something as high and as comfy as possible. 
  • Your knees and the balls of your feet will most likely need relief at some point.  If you don't want to do casual flip flops, you could always switch to a formal kitten heel like this:

I thought about something like that, but the hem of my dress is pretty delicate Chantilly lace, and I'm worried that if it drags, it will be ruined. So I'm trying to find something as high and as comfy as possible. 
    Your dress will get dirty no matter what you do but I can see that no matter what fabric your dress is made of that stepping on it all night would not do it any favors.

When I bought my wedges through Victoria's Secret I made sure to buy a wedge that was about the same height as my wedding heels so that when I changed into them I didn't have a too-long-of-a-dress issue.

• I had a pair of heels, flats, and wedges. I wore the heels for the ceremony. Do switch shoes. Cranky wedding feet = cranky bride. I wore flats and my feet still hurt and it was like a 10 hour day.
  • Alright - thanks for the advice and shared experiences! Will definitely be getting backup wedges! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards