Louisiana-New Orleans

New Orleans Brides please help! Desperate OOT Bride needs help on After Party

Hi Ladies,

My wedding is November 9th and I'm trying to find a place where we can continue the party after the reception ends at 10:00 p.m.  I am fine to pay something to guarantee space, but I cannot fund another party package (we are paying for welcome party, wedding and brunch).  I really want the post party to be a cash bar.  I thought I could rent a room at one of the bars on Bourbon Street, but most I have called said they will only do packages that start around $50 per person ($2500 minimum).  I am fine with shared space and it doesn't have to be on Bourbon Street.  I like dive bars as well as nice places.  Really just looking for a place in the quarter that I can be sure there will be space for myself and appx. 50 friends (who will most likely be spending a LOT on drinks, so I can even do a minimum guarantee).  Planning a destination wedding in New Orleans has been much more work than I thought.  Any help in overcoming this last hurdle would be HUGELY appreciated. Thanks!!!

Re: New Orleans Brides please help! Desperate OOT Bride needs help on After Party

• We are in the same boat.  We get married on a Sunday (hopefully less busy than a Friday or Saturday night) so we are just going to head to Pat O'Briens after the wedding.  It's the biggest space I know of in the area and we know our group wont have a problem paying for their own drinks at the after party location.
  • Try Tujagues in the French Quarter.  We had our wedding on November 9th (last year!) and had our after party there.  It was PERFECT!   We were able to rent out the bar area (we had about 75 people).  There was a minimum of $500 which we covered - had an open bar until we ran up the $500 and then it went to cash bar.  But, they may let you do an all cash bar and any short fall would just be covered by your credit card.  I'm sure with 50 peeps you'll hit the $500, though.

Contact Mark:
    Mark Latter
    Tujague's Restaurant
    823 Decatur Street
    New Orleans, La. 70116
    Ph. (504) 525-8676
    Fx. (504) 525-8785
    Tujagues.com

dml
  • Molly's on Decatur is quite large. We had the first leg of our bar crawl there. It's a good meet up point because of size and location, right across from the French market.
  • Thanks, ladies for the suggestions!
  • We are doing ours at the Jazz Parlor above Maison Bourbon on Bourbon St. They have been quite flexible with us. Try there?
  • Thanks, JennyMae!  called there and they didn't call back.  Do you have contact details? What were you able to arrange with them?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards