Pre-wedding Parties

Thank you for Hosts?

Hi ladies! My very sweet and generous friends/bridesmaids are throwing me a bridal shower this weekend, and while I know when and where (restaurant) I know no other details - kinda fun! I know my MOH and other bridesmaid (FSIL) were very involved in planning it, but I can't say for sure if there is any other "host." While it's obviously not a surprise everyone has been very quiet about it.  I wanted to bring a hostess thank you gift and my inclination would be to bring something for each of the bridesmaids regardless. But, is this weird? What if only the two friends I know of are the hosts and the others weren't up to participating (I know one wasn't sure if she could make it - no biggie at all - but my MOH did mention that now she can). Would it be in any way weird/offensive to give them all a small thank you? There is just now way to be sure so it feels like an everyone or nobody type situation. Just a side note...This is not their "Bridesmaid Thank you Gift" which is something more special. Also, I've thrown a few showers and never received a hostess gift so it just may not be that common in my region.

Re: Thank you for Hosts?

• KJiras said:
    Hi ladies! My very sweet and generous friends/bridesmaids are throwing me a bridal shower this weekend, and while I know when and where (restaurant) I know no other details - kinda fun! I know my MOH and other bridesmaid (FSIL) were very involved in planning it, but I can't say for sure if there is any other "host." While it's obviously not a surprise everyone has been very quiet about it.  I wanted to bring a hostess thank you gift and my inclination would be to bring something for each of the bridesmaids regardless. But, is this weird? What if only the two friends I know of are the hosts and the others weren't up to participating (I know one wasn't sure if she could make it - no biggie at all - but my MOH did mention that now she can). Would it be in any way weird/offensive to give them all a small thank you? There is just now way to be sure so it feels like an everyone or nobody type situation. Just a side note...This is not their "Bridesmaid Thank you Gift" which is something more special. Also, I've thrown a few showers and never received a hostess gift so it just may not be that common in my region.

Can you send them a lovely handwritten thank you note after the shower and something like a box of Godiva or a bouquet of flowers?

If it's not evident to you who the hostesses are, it's best to send something in private.

• I second the idea of a handwritten thank you note. If it is your MOH/BM hosting, you'll also be getting them a gift for that, so I don't think you really need to give them an additional gift. I did once receive one of those edible arrangements baskets after throwing a friend a shower and I was very surprised and touched. If you are so inclined, something like that or as itzMS suggested, flowers or chocolates sent afterwards. I have never seen the bride show up with gifts for the BM at the actual shower.
  • Thanks for the help ladies - I think I was just overthinking! There is so much out there online, in magazines, etc. regarding ideas, how to be a gracious bride, etc. and perhaps this kind of hostess gift is meant for/better in a situation where it's at a specific person's home. It was such a special day and I'm so thankful for it. I'm going to stick with a heartfelt thank you note to each and leave the "gifting" closer to the wedding as a way to show appreciation for them standing alongside me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards