Hawaii

Kauai North Shore Wedding!

Hi girls, 

After planning to have our wedding with our close family and friends at Paradise Cove and Coconut Club we have now decided to have a tiny ceremony with 11 of our immediate family only in beautiful Kauai. Family were becoming to interfering!! 

I have been to Kauai on a short trip before (fiance has not) and I love the beauty of the North Shore so much that I have picked our ceremony spot on Tunnels Beach. I need help with:

-A wedding planner?
-A nice restaurant for dinner afterwards? We are hoping not too expensive but the only good option it seems is Kauai Grill? (which is expensive haha) Has anyone else got any ideas or been to a wedding dinner elsewhere? 
-Photographer? I love Sea Light Studios but I'm waiting to hear back on pricing etc.

I am from Australia so I need all the help and advice I can get :)

Thanks,
Christine

Re: Kauai North Shore Wedding!

• Hello! Fellow Kauai bride here just returned recently =)
    We used Morgan Childs at Moana Events (based on Oahu but has a Kauai office). LOVED her and her team, they were amazing!
    The restaurants you would want to host dinner tend to be more expensive, especially on the North Shore. We held our rehearsal dinner at Hukilau Lanai in Kapa'a and LOVED it though it is about 40 min from Princeville. Postcards Cafe could be a good option though a bit pricey. 
    Where are you staying? What kind of vibe are you going for with dinner?

We used Sea Light and they are the main reason we decided to have our wedding in Kauai because we loved them so much! They are seriously wonderful people.

Let me know if you have any questions!! I have all this knowledge and no one to share it with, LOL.
  • We LOVED our wedding at Plantation Gardens in Poipu.  It is the south shore, but the atmosphere, weather, and food were all WONDERFUL.  

We ate at Hukilau Lanai on our honeymoon.  It was amazing.  The decor wasn't as fancy, but the food and prices were excellent.  We were not impressed with Kauai Grill.  The food was good, but it was extremely overpriced for the food we ate.
  • I also recommend Hukilau Lanai. I ate there with my husband when we were there on our last visit. Here's some pictures I took and info on our experience- http://afterglobe.net/hukilau-lanai-tasting-menu/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards