Plus-Sized
Options

Plus size pictures...need help!

I'm about to have my engagement photos done and I am a plus sized woman.  I need poses that will help me look skinny.  I have been searching the web for examples, but haven't had much luck.  I'm thinking of ways to camouflage myself - i.e. standing slightly behind my fiance, wearing dark colors, angles, etc.  If you have ideas, pictures, examples, please let me know!  I need help.  Thank you!

Re: Plus size pictures...need help!

• Options
    Your photographer will be able to find flattering poses for you. A slightly higher angle for instance helps. I wouldn't worry so much about hiding yourself the focus should be on you and your fiance as long as you're loving each other in the pics you'll reflect that and the pictures will turn out great. 
  • Options
    If you pull your shoulders back and very slightly bend forward at the waist, it should elongate you and thin you out. Also if the pictures are taken at a higher angle, rather than straight on, or lower looking up at you, they will turn out better. If you Google photos for plus size brides, you'll find a vast amount of suggestions on how to pose. 
  • Options
    I can honestly tell you I was the same way. Trying every trick. But then we started our session and all that went out the window. I was having more fun than anything so I totally forgot. Just enjoy yourself and except your body.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Here's my best advice - put on your best "damn, I'm awesome/hot" outfit and the rest can/will follow. I tried for weeks to find the perfect dress that made me feel confident, and ended up wearing one I already owned that made me feel great! 

• Options
    @dramamonkey OMG you and your fiance kind of remind me of me and mine. He's a tall/skinny blonde and i'm the short/stocky redish brunette. Your pictures turned out great!

• Options
    I would say instead of focusing on "skinny" focus on an outfit you love that you feel flatters you and having a good time.  One of the biggest things I have had to work on is that at my size nothing I do will make me appear skinny because I'm not.  I say walk in confident and have fun because everyone else looking at your photo's won't be looking at your weight but how happy the two of you are!  That's what you want to aim for.  Your photographer should know the best way to make things look nice as well :) Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards