Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

All-over etiquette check please!

Hi Ladies

My fiance and I will be married in a Catholic Church on September 14th in NYC.  Only our immediate family will be present, as I am from New Zealand and he is from Argentina.  How we ended up in NYC is a long story!

After the ceremony, we will be having a meal at a nearby restaurant we are buying out for the day.  All food and drink will be hosted, with an open bar.  If the weather is nice we will use the restaurant's courtyard, and if not we will just stay inside.

In December, we will travel to my fiance's hometown where his parents will host a party for his friends and extended family.  There will be no mention of it being a "wedding reception" or anything like that.  It's more of a Christmas get-together and time to catch-up with people he doesn't get to see very often.  In January, we will have a similar gathering in my hometown.  Both of these events will be casual backyard BBQs, nothing fancy, but fully hosted by our families.

We are not registering and not having any pre-wedding parties.  We are fortunate to have all we need and just want an intimate wedding with our closest relatives.

Please let me know if I have missed anything or if we are inadvertently committing an etiquette faux-pas.  Thanks!!

Re: All-over etiquette check please!

• Options
    j+j14sept said:
    Hi Ladies

My fiance and I will be married in a Catholic Church on September 14th in NYC.  Only our immediate family will be present, as I am from New Zealand and he is from Argentina.  How we ended up in NYC is a long story!

After the ceremony, we will be having a meal at a nearby restaurant we are buying out for the day.  All food and drink will be hosted, with an open bar.  If the weather is nice we will use the restaurant's courtyard, and if not we will just stay inside.

In December, we will travel to my fiance's hometown where his parents will host a party for his friends and extended family.  There will be no mention of it being a "wedding reception" or anything like that.  It's more of a Christmas get-together and time to catch-up with people he doesn't get to see very often.  In January, we will have a similar gathering in my hometown.  Both of these events will be casual backyard BBQs, nothing fancy, but fully hosted by our families.

We are not registering and not having any pre-wedding parties.  We are fortunate to have all we need and just want an intimate wedding with our closest relatives.

Please let me know if I have missed anything or if we are inadvertently committing an etiquette faux-pas.  Thanks!!
    Sounds pretty good to me. :)
  • Options
    Sounds pretty good to me.  Congratulations!
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    Sounds lovely. Congrats!
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Congratulations! No etiquette faux pas that I can see.
  • Options
    Sounds great! Congratulations!!!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    Sounds perfect, no faux pas as far as I can see!
  • Options
    Sounds great!  Also - trips to New Zealand and Argentina - that sounds fantastic! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You've got it all together! Have fun!
  • Options
    Sounds lovely.  Congratulations!
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    Sounds good. Enjoy!

• Options
    Thank you for the feedback and lovely comments!  I wish you all the very best.
  • Options
    Sounds beautiful.  Congratulations and best wishes!
  • Options
    I dont see anything wrong with that, and it sounds quite wonderful for you and yours. Best Wishes!

• Options
    Sounds perfect.  Congrats!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards