Chit Chat

Went to a wedding yesterday!

Technically FI and I were B-listed for his friend's wedding but he really wanted to go so we made the trek to Carmel for the beach wedding.

We got the venue, a golf club, and were in line waiting for the shuttle to take us to the beach when the Groom and his GM walked over. It was nice talking with them for a moment, the groom even knew my name and gave me a hug. We got the ceremony site and it went pretty well. There were plenty of chairs, the ceremony started on time and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

When we got back to the golf club we found our name cards. FI and I hit up the bar. It's not a requirement but it was a full open bar so we took advantage of that! I have to say that we had the best table in the room because we were seated right next to the buffet and cake! The people at our table were very nice and we enjoyed chatting with them.

Overall, it was a very nice wedding a great distraction from the stress FI and I have been going through with moving. We definitely need to plan a weekend trip back to Carmel sometime in the future. We have another wedding to go to in November before ours so that will be fun!

Re: Went to a wedding yesterday!

• Glad you had so much fun!
  • I always have so much appreciation when someone who hosts an event properly plans and takes such considerate care of their guests.  Doesn't it just make you feel great!  
  • One of my Facebook friends posted pictures of a beach wedding in Carmel on her Facebook feed. That would be funny if it was the same wedding!
  • JordanF13 said:
    Technically FI and I were B-listed for his friend's wedding but he really wanted to go so we made the trek to Carmel for the beach wedding.

We got the venue, a golf club, and were in line waiting for the shuttle to take us to the beach when the Groom and his GM walked over. It was nice talking with them for a moment, the groom even knew my name and gave me a hug. We got the ceremony site and it went pretty well. There were plenty of chairs, the ceremony started on time and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

When we got back to the golf club we found our name cards. FI and I hit up the bar. It's not a requirement but it was a full open bar so we took advantage of that! I have to say that we had the best table in the room because we were seated right next to the buffet and cake! The people at our table were very nice and we enjoyed chatting with them.

Overall, it was a very nice wedding a great distraction from the stress FI and I have been going through with moving. We definitely need to plan a weekend trip back to Carmel sometime in the future. We have another wedding to go to in November before ours so that will be fun!
    This is awesome. Thanks for sharing. Besides being B listed did you notice anything else?
  • Is it bad that I'm a teensy weensy bit disappointed that you had such a great time and there are no crazy, WTF?! stories in this post?

But really, I'm glad you had fun!

• That would be funny if it was the same wedding! 

The only other thing I noticed that made me roll my eyes was on their website they stated for attire that they wanted "No jeans and t-shirts, but no ball gowns and tuxedos either. Something in the middle would be nice." Eh...

Also they invited us to partake in a weekend of festivities which we would have had to get a hotel room for $160 a night. FI really wanted to go but when I pulled out our budget spreadsheet for the wedding and our moving expenses he relented. Otherwise the bride and groom were very gracious and thanked us profusely for attending on such short notice.

I have to admit I was kind of expecting some crazy myself. FI's cousin and stepbrother both had elopements and are planning wedding-type celebrations with their husband/wife so I'll let you guys know if there's any crazy that will ensue there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards