Not Engaged Yet
Options

Whoopsies!

So paid a bill last week online and BAM! there was a new loan attached to our account. Was not looking or snooping. Just having a normal Friday morning paying bills. Unfortunately the account was named after a popular jewelry store. So now I KNOW he bought my ring and how much it was. I feel so terrible that I found out! I actually did really well this past weekend with forgetting about it. Now to just keep it out of my head.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Whoopsies!

• Options
    Oops! I'd just try to keep living life as normal - he could hang on to it for a very long time.
  • Options

So paid a bill last week online and BAM! there was a new loan attached to our account. Was not looking or snooping. Just having a normal Friday morning paying bills. Unfortunately the account was named after a popular jewelry store. So now I KNOW he bought my ring and how much it was. I feel so terrible that I found out! I actually did really well this past weekend with forgetting about it. Now to just keep it out of my head.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Maybe he bought a pony at the store instead?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    Could have been this (and this has nothing to do with the fact I want one):
  • Options
    @keptinstiches I want that!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    @keptinstitches I just saw that a couple weeks ago and bought it because I couldn't stop laughing!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    You're after my own heart, @KateJ16.
  • Options
    Dottie - you sound like you're staying pretty grounded about it. I knew about the ring over a year before my guy proposed...so enjoy the here and now and when it happens it will be all the more special because you didn't ruin the time in between.
  • Options
    @keptinstitches I saw that! It's on ThinkGeek right? 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Yep, it's on ThinkGeek.
  • Options
    This has my heart at the moment.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    @Kait, you and I will be good friends as well.

ETA: @KnotPorscha, why can't I post images with any regularity since about 9 p.m. yesterday?
  • Options
    @keptinstitches the funniest part is that the BF is who got me into MLP. Now it's become our show and we don't let each other get ahead in episodes. We have to watch them together. :) 

• Options
    @Kait, I'm all about it because it's Dr. Who.
  • Options
    @keptinstitches what do you think of Peter Capaldi?

• Options
    @keptinstitches - I think I had that when I was 8....why did I throw all my MLP outs?!?
  • Options
    @dottie05 - You're doing well so far! Just find other ways to stay busy and remind yourself that it could be weeks or months before the proposal comes. I used to check DHs drawer daily once I knew he had taken my grandmother's diamond in to be set. It drove me nuts and I highly encourage you not to live life on pins and needles like I did!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    edited August 2013
    @Kait, I think he'll make a good Doctor, and I did enjoy his work in "The Fires of Pompeii." I'm a little disappointed they didn't go with a woman for this regeneration, though.
  • Options
    @keptinstitches I loved Fires of Pompeii. I'm ok with not being a woman, but I'm super glad they didn't go really young again. Matt Smith bugged me.

• Options
    @Kait, I think he'll make a good Doctor, and I did enjoy his work in "The Fires of Pompeii." I'm a little disappointed they didn't go with a woman for this regeneration, though.
    I'm inclined to agree with my partner, who believes that with Moffat in charge, the show wouldn't be able to handle a female Doctor (I was heartbroken after the Irene Adler episode of Sherlock because wow, Moffat ruined an iconic character). However, I'm losing my patience. There's no reason we had to have anooooother white guy :(
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    @phira Yea I don't know. I love Clara as a companion so I'm super ok with that. It'll be interesting that's for sure. 

• Options

Yes, totally trying to stay calm. I feel more bad than anything. He thinks he's so sneaky. After seven years he should know there is no such thing as secrets! :)

I feel bad when I see girls get all crazy and do the whole 'timeline' thing to their SO. I just see it as, we have been together this long, and plan to be together forever so I am in no rush.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Kait I don't like her so much, although I don't really mind the actress so much. I do miss Amy and Rory though :(

Anyway, Dottie, I'd probably be going a little crazy in your shoes. If only because I wouldn't know if my partner was just doing things super far in advance (allusive, NO idea how you managed to wait a whole year knowing he'd gotten the ring!), or if he was going to propose super soon (my brother didn't even manage to get through a whole day after he'd picked up the ring).
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    Dottie05 said:

Yes, totally trying to stay calm. I feel more bad than anything. He thinks he's so sneaky. After seven years he should know there is no such thing as secrets! :)

I feel bad when I see girls get all crazy and do the whole 'timeline' thing to their SO. I just see it as, we have been together this long, and plan to be together forever so I am in no rush.

I would like to give you an internet high five. Can you please talk some sense into some of the other new posters?
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    @Dottie05 - What a great time though to be in your relationship...you can enjoy the fact that he has the ring so clearly he is moving in the direction of marriage (though you never know when he will propose).  I actually really enjoyed the time between which I knew my H had the ring (we designed it together and he told me he was picking it up) and the time he proposed (a month or so later).  Then again, I had these ladies to keep me sane.  :)
  • Options
    @beanbot2002, @dottie05 - Can I clarify what you mean by "timeline?" Because I interpret that as part of a conversation about your lives together (where do you see us in 3 years, 5 years, etc.), and that should be natural after a certain amount of time together.
  • Options
    Dottie05Dottie05 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2013

@beanbot2002, @dottie05 - Can I clarify what you mean by "timeline?" Because I interpret that as part of a conversation about your lives together (where do you see us in 3 years, 5 years, etc.), and that should be natural after a certain amount of time together.

Sorry, we have talked timelines together- "I would love to be married and/or have kids by 30ish"

What I do not like is  "You better propose to me in the next three months or we are breaking up."

@minskat30 - It really is a great time. Once I saw the loan, I thought back to what we were doing the day he bought it (I was at work) but he has been so lovey since then.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @keptinstitches, my assumption was that they meant timeline kind of like ultimatum? Like you have to propose to me before x amount of years?

• Options
    @dottie05, @kait, I agree with both of you that ultimatums are a bad idea.
  • Options
    I think he just bought you a fancy new grill, so you could look like Miley and Madonna at the VMAs.
  • Options
    Oh god, I'd much rather have the pony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards