Wedding Woes
Options

Bride won't allow folks with disabilities at her wedding

I just had to share this story I heard over the weekend. A friend of my cousin said she would not allow anyone with physical or mental challenges at her wedding as it would be "too disruptive." This included a relative who had been paralyzed in a car accident, her fiance's deaf 13 year old niece, and a high functioning adult with Down Syndrome. This girl is the daughter of a rich banker and wanted to be sure that everything went her way. These people were FORBADE from attending. I mean seriously? As someone with a disabled sibling this kind of intolerance is just sickening. Is it bad that I hope her venue burns down a day before the wedding?

Just had to vent, thanks

Re: Bride won't allow folks with disabilities at her wedding

• Options

The bride is not only a bridezilla, but based on this information I think she is a horrible human being.

• Options
    Wow, just wow. Sometimes I feel like there is hope for humanity. Then I see a story like this. 

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This sounds like an urban legend.
  • Options

AuntFlo said:
    This sounds like an urban legend.
    This. This sounds like gossip to me. Unless the bride said to you, firsthand "I don't want anyone with disabilities at my wedding because it will be disruptive", this sounds like gossip that I would absolutely not perpetuate. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    my sister's friend's brother-in-law's gay haridresser had the same policy... and he kicked puppies.

now he's like Helen Keller v 2.0. Karma's a bitch. 

seriously - even i f this is true, and she's a crappy human being, it's her wedding and she can discriminate however she wants when it comes to the guest list.  

• Options
    That's just sick. Please please please let it be fake.
  • Options

Wow PirateBarbie how's life under that rock? You should really get out in the sun more. While in essence your statement is true, (she can exclude anyone she wants) to defend her choice is catering to the worst in spoiled, self-absorbed American greed. No wonder the term "Bridezilla" was coined.

I guess I just wonder how she'd react if she was excluded from a party at the plaza because her bleach blonde hair clashed with the marble flooring.

As for it being an Urban Legend I thought so too at first though I don't know why my cousin would make that up.

• Options
    @Qkellygirl - saying that it's her pretty princess day and she can do whatever she wants and condoning her specific choice to discriminate are two different things. 

maybe you should hold a wedding where the guest list only includes Special Olympic athletes and folks who are handicapable to balance out her discrimination.... assuming that this is true at all. 

Maybe your cousin made up the story because she was pissed off at being excluded. 

Also, if your cousin thought this woman's behavior was horrible and didn't agree with her at all, why would she want to be her friend, and why would she want to brag about her bigot friend?

Why would she make that up? For the same reason that you would randomly post some story on a wedding board that you heard about some friend of a cousin - to create drama and get attention. 

NFT.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards