Chit Chat
Options

Engagement pics... what to wear?

My engagement photo session is rapidly approaching, and I don't know what to wear. I've browsed a bunch of pics from my photog's site (she posts everyone else's albums which most of her clients choose not to password-protect) and there's a wide variety. We're planning on taking them "downtown" at a small historic town where FI grew up, and possibly also going to a nearby winery.

Any ideas or pointers? Also, anything to definitely avoid?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engagement pics... what to wear?

• Options
     Wear whatever you are comfortable in. If you rarely wear dresses and heels, then don't. You want to look like yourself in your photos. For example, FI and I are going to wear jeans and football jerseys in some of ours and I will wear a sundress and heels and he will be in jeans and a polo for the rest. You want to make the photos your own! Most importantly though, don't worry about it too much, and have fun!
  • Options
    Dress how you normally do. That's what I tell my clients. Patterns photograph wellIF they are big. I find tiny florals or dots more difficult to work with. Think big plaids if you want to go the pattern route. No stripes. They can show up so funny and make you look warped. Layer. If you wear jeans and a shirt, that's it. Done. No quick easy changes. If you wear jeans, a cardigan, a scarf, and a jacket you can do so much variation at each location. Don't change too much about your outfit from your daily routine. You will regret it. You won't look like you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    J's Everyday Fashion has a great post about what to wear for a photo session. [Link]
  • Options
    yes, be comfortable-- ask your photographer if you can have multiple outfits.  My husband and I "layered" so we were easily able to change it up (with a sweater, w/o the sweater; with scarf, without, etc).  I brought a cute dress and then she let me change into jeans but I had two different shirts I was able to change into, and changed my shoes; so I had some dressy and casual.  I also brought a few options and she helped me coordinate what would look best for the location of the picture. Mind you my best friend did my pics, but she also is this flexible with all her brides, so your first step is to ask your photographer what your options are. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    I second what others have said. 1. Be comfortable. 2. If you choose patterns/ plad make sure it is big/ broud. 3. If you like to match, pick similar colors. For example we both love black. He wore black pants and a tan shirt. I wore a kaki skirt and black& teal shirt with black sweater.
    We match but my arms and legs do not look like apart of him, or "bleed" into him.
  • Options
    Also, if you guys tend to wear bright colors, they look fabulous in photos.
  • Options
    I would also add, try to have a "classic" outfit, nothing too trendy that will scream 2013 in the future....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards