Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Invitation envelope names

Hello,

I am addressing our wedding invitation outer envelopes (there is not an inner envelope) and have a situation I'm not sure what to do. I have a co-worker who is married but has mentioned she is planning to bring her daughter to the wedding as her date.

Do I still address the invitation to Mr. and Mrs. and list her and her husband's name? I have no problem with her bringing her daughter but I didn't know how to address the invitation.

Thanks!

Re: Invitation envelope names

• Options

Hello,

I am addressing our wedding invitation outer envelopes (there is not an inner envelope) and have a situation I'm not sure what to do. I have a co-worker who is married but has mentioned she is planning to bring her daughter to the wedding as her date.

Do I still address the invitation to Mr. and Mrs. and list her and her husband's name? I have no problem with her bringing her daughter but I didn't know how to address the invitation.

Thanks!

What if they change their minds? You don't want to leave him out. You can address the envelope to Mr. and Mrs. Someone Smith. The next line would be to Miss Something Smith. Then the rest of the address.
  • Options
    I would include her husband and the child. It sounds like he is invited, except he can't make it. If things change, you want him to know he's still invited.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Her daughter is an adult and her husband is not in good health. Can I just keep it Mr. & Mrs. and let her know it is okay to bring her daughter instead and not list her on the envelope?
  • Options
    KM, that's fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards