Getting in Shape

Hey y'all. I just got engaged a few weeks ago and am planning my wedding for October 2014. I just ordered Bridalicious Bootcamp, because I'm so motivated to get into shape, ideally before I go dress shopping.
I used to be a fit 130 lbs (in college) and I've since gained over 60 lbs. I'm a high-stress person with thyroid issues, so this is all working against me, but that's no excuse anymore. It's past time to fix this issue. (It also doesn't help that my fiance is constantly telling me that I'm perfect. haha)
I used to run a lot so I'm also picking that back up. It's appalling the shape I've let myself get into. I'm trying to eat healthier and be more active in general. I'm a full time student, so I'm also trying to keep myself from study-snacking (the mindless snacking that tends to go along with studying) as well as giving into my cravings.

So, I'm just posting to introduce myself and try and gain any tips and tricks from the seasoned pros or anyone who might have some ideas for me! Thanks

Re: Newbie

• Hey y'all. I just got engaged a few weeks ago and am planning my wedding for October 2014. I just ordered Bridalicious Bootcamp, because I'm so motivated to get into shape, ideally before I go dress shopping.
    I used to be a fit 130 lbs (in college) and I've since gained over 60 lbs. I'm a high-stress person with thyroid issues, so this is all working against me, but that's no excuse anymore. It's past time to fix this issue. (It also doesn't help that my fiance is constantly telling me that I'm perfect. haha)
    I used to run a lot so I'm also picking that back up. It's appalling the shape I've let myself get into. I'm trying to eat healthier and be more active in general. I'm a full time student, so I'm also trying to keep myself from study-snacking (the mindless snacking that tends to go along with studying) as well as giving into my cravings.

So, I'm just posting to introduce myself and try and gain any tips and tricks from the seasoned pros or anyone who might have some ideas for me! Thanks
    Hey! Welcome! I am currently using myfitnesspal and logging what I am eating everyday. It helps. I go back and look at what put me over for the day etc. For a while it was that last handful or trailmix that I would have after dinner because it was sitting there. So I cut that. I am looking into doing couch to 5k. I started walking everyday at lunch. Honestly, I'm glad you are starting now it just gives you time to slip up during the holidays and still get back on track.

Try healthier snacks. Packing only a certain amount. If you are out that's it.
  • Hey lady! Congrats on your engagement! I feel ya post college life can make it easy to put on some weight..I used to weigh 120 in college and now weigh 145... which is still technically ok for my height but I just don't feel as confident/comfortable/sexy/etc. as I used to so I am trying to turn it around. It is definitely hard though because I work full time in an office and then bartend at night so I barely have any time to get to the gym unless I wake up at 5am before working 12 hours straight! ugh so frustrating! But diet wise, don't starve yourself...rather make healthier choices. You also can't deprive yourself because you will end up binging. I love salty foods... so instead of buying a bag potato chips special k came out with cracker chips (only 110 calories) for the whole bag! Buy the low fat version of EVERYTHING: popcorn, cream cheese, bread, juice, essentially any house hold item that you typically find in your pantry replace it with the low carb/low fat/whatever healthier option is available. That alone will start to help. Take the stairs as opposed to elevator whenever possible. I even bring low resistant weights to work and do reps in my office whenever I have 5 minutes between meetings! lol.. but seriously though... making small but consistent life changes will do a lot more than you would think...good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards