Wedding Party

What should I do with all my nephews?!

I have 4 nephews and 1 niece.  I would like my niece to be the flower girl, since she's the only girl - she will be 7 at the time of my wedding, is that still an okay age?  The problem is i have 4 nephews.   I think the youngest 2, who will both be 5 at the time of the wedding, can share ring bearer duties but what can i do with a 10 and 12 year old boy?   Just leave them out?   I don't want to hurt any feelings, but do boys that age even want to be involved? 

Re: What should I do with all my nephews?!

• They could be GM if your FI wants them on his side. Otherwise, you could be sure to get pictures with them.
  • You can ask the kids if they want to be involved. You can have them hand out programs or pass out bubbles (if you're doing that kind of thing), or they could be junior GMs. 

And seven is not too old to be a flower girl :)
  • jenni1221 said:

I have 4 nephews and 1 niece.  I would like my niece to be the flower girl, since she's the only girl - she will be 7 at the time of my wedding, is that still an okay age? Yes  The problem is i have 4 nephews.   I think the youngest 2, who will both be 5 at the time of the wedding, can share ring bearer duties but what can i do with a 10 and 12 year old boy? If you want them to be involved, they can be GMs, ushers..  Just leave them out?  That's fine too - attending as a guest is also an honor. I don't want to hurt any feelings, but do boys that age even want to be involved?  You'd have to ask all of these kids if they want to be involved. Some may say yes. Others may say no.

I also see no problem with having only a flower girl and have all 4 of the boys attend as guests. The best man can have the rings (that's what we did). Or having no kids in the wedding party. 
    *********************************************************************************

• I think the only way the two boys will feel left out is after the ceremony when everyone's fawning over the other three that were in the ceremony ("You were the most beautiful flower girl!" You guys were such handsome ring bearers, come take a picture with me!).

So you could either not have any of them in the ceremony or like PP said, make sure you take pics with them.

Anniversary

• Allow them to be guests.
  • Find out if any of them want to be in the wedding first.  Don't take it for granted that they do, and respect any requests that they don't.

If they do, your niece can be a flower girl, and the two older boys can be groomsmen or ushers, (if it's okay with your FI), bridesmen, or readers.  Otherwise they can just be guests.
  • Thanks for all the advice!  I'll ask them if they want to be involved and I definitely plan on including them in the pictures. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards