Attire & Accessories Forum

White shoes with an ivory dress...

Does it really matter? My dress covers my shoes, so I am thinking not but I'm just not sure. What do you all think?

Re: White shoes with an ivory dress...

• I don't think anyone will notice. If you're cool with it then do it.

Anniversary
  • I wouldn't notice.  I know a few people who might, but it wouldn't be the type of thing someone remembers (i.e. "Oh, THAT wedding...let me tell you about her white shoes.!") so it wouldn't be something I'd focus on as the bride.  If you like 'em, go with 'em.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • These are the shoes and the dress. The shoes are Sperry's and super comfortable. It's hard to tell but they are sequined. I decided to go for it and order them online since Famous Footware had them for sale for $50 when they are regularly $100. That and I didn't want to have to stop at the store after work tomorrow. Lol.

• I wouldn't notice it on anyone else, but it would bother me to wear white shoes with ivory. I have issues though. LOL I don't think anyone would even notice.
  • I think the dress and shoes clash, but not because of a white/ivory issue. Your dress is too "dressy" for cork wedges IMO. You look beautiful in that dress!
  • LuvBird29 said:
    I think the dress and shoes clash, but not because of a white/ivory issue. Your dress is too "dressy" for cork wedges IMO. You look beautiful in that dress!

I agree
  • I agree with LuvBird29 as well but I will say that the only time anyone saw my shoes was when I posted pictures of the "shoe shot" on FB that the photographer took.  I even had a friend who was at the wedding and that I hung out with almost all night comment "Oh, those were your shoes?  They were cute!"

So even though the shoes and dress don't necessarily go together, unless you plan on hiking up your dress and flashing your shoes to everyone around I say wear them, especially if they are comfortable.

• They are super comfortable! That is why I like them so much. I plan on dancing all night and have been in/to too many weddings where my feet were killing me from my heels by the end if the night. We are also having an outdoor ceremony and I don't want to worry about my heels sinking.
  • They are super comfortable! That is why I like them so much. I plan on dancing all night and have been in/to too many weddings where my feet were killing me from my heels by the end if the night. We are also having an outdoor ceremony and I don't want to worry about my heels sinking.

That's all that matters then! Haha comfort is key. I am bringing some balet flats with me too for that reason. Good luck!

• People will not see the shoes. You may even take them off and change into something more comfortable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards