October 2013 Weddings

First Dress fitting!!

My first dress fitting is next wed. (sept.4) i'm excited and nervous we ordered the dress 1 size bigger i have gained a bit of weight and boobs since picking the dress so i'm nervous how it will look and how the bustier will fit. we also have to pin up the new bead work i purchased onto the dress so i'm nervous how that will look. i'm also very exctied to see my dress again i can't wait for it to be completed. we are also gonna see how the veil is. 

Wed i'm picking up the roseballs for our centerpieces which we have now changed for the bazillionth time and i have my hair and makeup trial!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: First Dress fitting!!

• Enjoy your fitting - it's so much fun putting on your own, actual gown. We're getting closer to October!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Fun! I have my first fitting Tuesday. 
  • It is so fun to put the dress on and prance around! I have tried mine on three times and each time I felt a little different. The second time I actually teared up when the seamstress told me to "not look down, act as if I am looking at my groom to-be" gah! I just lost it. Have fun with it, this is a really exciting time!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Guh.  I have fitting 3 tonight. 

My seamstress originally thought it was just a simple side-seam to make my bodice fit right.  Except when she pinned it, it caused some horrible wrinkles...soooo, she's doing the ENTIRE side seam of my gown. 

Which added an additional fitting appointment. 

My last fitting we finalized the hem (which was such a hard decision to make!), and tonight's will be to see how her new pinning on the bodice looks. 

Then it's two fittings after that; bustle will be my next one, then the final.

While I LOVE putting on my gown, I'm just getting annoyed with appointments.  My schedule's busy enough with non-wedding related stuff as it is! 

*whiney bitchfit OVER*
  • My first official fitting with the seamstress is tomorrow and I'm super excited.  I will have my aunt and grandma with me so I expect it to get a little emotional since we will all be missing my mom.  I have lost about 8 lbs since the last time I tried it on (the goal was 10) so I am hoping that not only will I be able to zip up the darn thing, but that now I will be able to breathe!
  • I had mine on Tuesday - it went well.  Nothing crazy exciting. I have my second one on September 19 and then the third sometime in October...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine was today. I had gained a little bit of weight and even though the bodice had fit like a glove in the store 8 months ago, it was a little tight(it was a sample, on sale, so no ordering it in a different size.) My seamstress says there is room to take it out, but then said there is still a month and she asked if I wanted to try to lose the weight..like I could decide to control how to lose the exact amount I would need to make the dress fit in time? I guess some people can kill themselves to lose weight at a time like this, but I have a hard time intentionally trying to lose weight even when I'm not this stressed out.
  • stress is a pain i originally wanted to lose a little weight but with all the stress i gained the weight. as well i have a FIL who like to cook lots of red meat and no veggies we were living with at the time
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bleh, my fitting on Thursday was just that.  Bleh.

My poor seamstress actually started working on the wrong dress (not mine), so, since I was running late, she was able to finish ripping my side seam.  Then, she pinned me in, and we set that in stone.  That's where I'll need to be and stay (with SOME wiggle room since I have a corset back dress).

We will 100% finalize the hem at my next fitting since we need the bodice to be fitted properly to set the hem.  We'll also finalize how I want the bustle done.

I'm seriously just -done- with dress fittings.  I think overall, I'm going to end up having 5.  But, I'm grateful she's doing it and doing it right so there's no regrets.

I just don't want to go anymore.  :p

My next fitting is Sept. 19th.  *sigh*
  • I have my first fitting tonight! It will have to be taken in, straps shortened, hemmed in the front and bustle added. It's so big now that I can take it off without unzipping it! 
  • SO went for my first dress fitting today and it went great the dress almost fit perfectly just need to take a inch out on the hips( i gots a big bum lol) The bead work i bought to be added to my dress was wrong but the bead work they sent me was more expensive so a little upset but just said go ahead with what we got i don't want to wait and it matches and looks great. i decided not to get a new vail as the one i really likes was $400 and i was like uh no way would i pay that much. My hair trial went great unfortunately my battery died so i couldn't take pics but decided to go half up half down full curl! my makeup not so much rescheduled a makeup trial as they just couldn't seem to understand what i wanted so trying with another girl. here some pics :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • First pic: waiting for seamstress
    Second Pic: My dress before we pinned the beadwork
    Third Pic: Front of the dress with the bead work pinned on it
    Fourth Pic:back of my dress with bead work
    Fifth pic: Close up of the back of the dress bead work
    Sixth pic: Side view of the bead work
    Seventh pic: My veil with my head piece 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @shaylagirl - I hear ya on the dress fittings being bleh - my next one is the 19 and my final one is October 7. I didn't really get that excited over dress shopping either...However I can't wait to see your dress with the purple in it!

@sgreen19 - that bead work is BEAUTIFUL!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @sgreen19 - gorgeous dress!  

Hey everyone else - where are your fitting pictures?  
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • I have my first fitting tomorrow, I'm excited to see the dress finally start to fit me well! I bought the sample and have lost a bit since then but it seems to fit the same. The length is perfect with my heels so no hemming, just need a bustle and the bust taken in, it's much too big on top. I'm also asking about making the sweetheart neckline a little more pronounced.
  • @sgreen19 ~ Beautiful dress and the beadwork looks amazing!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • Thanks everyone I would love to see everyones dress/fittings :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sgreen19 Love your dress! Awesome pictures!  I love it when people show all of the angles and details of their dress - everyone should do that, I'm always dying to see every detail.  Looks amazing.

I went for my first fitting this week, thinking it'd be a breeze. I have a fairly simple dress and only imagined basic alterations would be necessary.  I think I was halfway through a sentence about how steeeeeewpid wedding diets are, how I would never bother to do anything like that to get ready for the wedding, just normal exercise and nothi--- hang on, whoa, that's tight; wait, are you measuring in millimeters?  Really?  Is it going to be tighter then this?  Hang on let me check if I can sit down again... oh man... Sigh.  Slowly backing away from the Dr. Pepper.  And I'll have a salad for lunch please.  A small one. 

Fittings are no breeze!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • yes my plan was to watch what i eat and exercises loll that didn't work. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No lies here; I didn't even waste my time saying I was going to lose any weight prior to the wedding.  Told the bridal salon "Order it in my size right now.  If I lose, cool.  If not, I don't really give a damn.  I have other things to stress over besides my weight."

SUPER glad I did.  Because, yeah...no weight loss here!!
  • I have one on Tuesday!  AGGH!  People keep telling me I look even thinner which I blame to stress!  LOL  I will try to take pictures then!  This will be my second fitting.  My belt should be in this time and I have most of my jewlery so we will see how everything looks together!  I guess I will be hitting the gym this weekend!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • @coeur.......I get you, and then some!!!

I had my final fitting/take home stitching today.....like @shaylagirl, I'm beyond glad I didn't piddle-fart with sizing.....when the dress first arrived some 8 months ago, it needed taking in.  Then......it actually had to be let out a hair on the last fitting a few weeks ago; and if I gain so much as an ounce before the wedding, I'm screwed.  VERY glad I didn't order down.  For now, I'm on a mini-wedding diet to make the dress a little more breathable next month. 

• you look great! I will try and post some pictures when FI isn't sitting next to me :)

I just had my second fitting Friday- they had to take in more in the bust area :( I have no boobs haha!  
    Other than that it went great!  And i was told that stress actually makes you gain weight.. not lose it.. boo to that!!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had my last fitting yesterday! Here is my dress
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @joellennitsche I love it, soooo pretty!
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • I had my last fitting yesterday! Here is my dress
    Looks Great!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just had my second fitting the other day. It's so exciting watching it all come together now that it's actually fitting my body!
    The only thing I don't like right now is how tight it is on my back - I have back fat! Haha.

imageimage
  • @joellennitsche - I love your dress! That lace is sooo pretty!
  • Everyone's pictures are sooooo pretty!! :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have my second dress fitting next Tuesday. I can't wait! 41 days and counting. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards