Not Engaged Yet

My ring!!! PIP

Hi ladies!! I have finally gotten my e-ring back from the jeweler. It was an heirloom ring from his grandmother's sister. It needed lots of TLC (the sapphire had a slight chip and looked a bit dull) plus the band was in yellow gold (setting was in white gold). And it was a million sizes too big.

Here's the original ring:

What I had done:

The engagement ring: the band was cut and changed to 18K white gold. The sapphire was polished (looks like a completely different stone! I asked them.. lol.) Unfortunately, in order to do so and keep the original setting it was hammered back into place so the setting is slightly uneven, but I honestly can live with it. I think it adds a bit more vintage charm.

Wedding band: Had to get a custom band to fit the shape of the ring. I originally wanted to use the diamond in my mom's e-ring plus other diamonds from an old ring, but the first model came out looking very huge and comical. I sent it back without the diamonds (will probably make some other ring out of it to hand down to my daughter one day if she wants it) but the band came back looking still huge, sent it back one last time, since I couldn't have diamonds in it I wanted it to be very thin and almost unnoticeable. So it's finally perfect.

And since we were selling them gold and using diamonds from an old ring, we decided to go ahead and make FI's wedding band.. he loves it and wants to wear it now! I love it too!

It has a princess cut rotated on matte 18k gold.. you can see in the background the first model of my wedding band, too big. :/

Re: My ring!!! PIP

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards