Snarky Brides

Wedding Planner and Coordinater Getting on My Nerves

Am I a bridezilla? I won't even talk to them anymore and make my fiance do it. We are planning a destination wedding with a very well known organization and included in the package we get a planner and a coordinater. Every time they call I get one of two exteemely ditzy girls. After 30 mins of taking forever and waiting for them to look up dates on the calendar and telling me what is available (all days are available except for like one or two times the entire month yet somehow it takes forever to determine that as we painfully look at each and every one of the three times each day ever so slowly before going to the next day). They then realize they are on the wrong calendar month and we have to start again. Does it really take half an hour to look up available dates to find out after finished you are on the wrong month?! Today they called to check in and my one time and date I picked is booked. In two days since we last talked someone booked the exact time and day I want when the entire month had only two other times booked the entire month? I feel like calling back to inquire if it is ME they have booked or if they are on the wrong month again. If I told you the company you would burst out laughing a they are so well known and hence I can't use someone else. How do you tackle talking to two space cadets?

Re: Wedding Planner and Coordinater Getting on My Nerves

• PilotQT said:
    Am I a bridezilla? I won't even talk to them anymore and make my fiance do it. We are planning a destination wedding with a very well known organization and included in the package we get a planner and a coordinater. Every time they call I get one of two exteemely ditzy girls. After 30 mins of taking forever and waiting for them to look up dates on the calendar and telling me what is available (all days are available except for like one or two times the entire month yet somehow it takes forever to determine that as we painfully look at each and every one of the three times each day ever so slowly before going to the next day). They then realize they are on the wrong calendar month and we have to start again. Does it really take half an hour to look up available dates to find out after finished you are on the wrong month?! Today they called to check in and my one time and date I picked is booked. In two days since we last talked someone booked the exact time and day I want when the entire month had only two other times booked the entire month? I feel like calling back to inquire if it is ME they have booked or if they are on the wrong month again. If I told you the company you would burst out laughing a they are so well known and hence I can't use someone else. How do you tackle talking to two space cadets?

Do you have to have planners?

I fired my wedding planner due to lack of action. We hired her at 10 months out, and she did nothing for our wedding (vendor sourcing, etc) for an entire month. Not one thing.  DH came very close to firing our DoC after she treated our wedding party like children.

Ask to speak to their boss, or go without the planners an fire them.

• Speak to a manager. That sounds like incompetence. You are spending plenty of money and time with them, you might as well get the service along with it.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • If you are not getting what you think you're paying for, I would talk to a manager and/or fire her. 
    *********************************************************************************

• I would definitely talk to their managers. I mean, I want to say that being on the wrong month is an honest mistake, but this is an ongoing issue. Just tell the manager that you are no longer comfortable trusting them to get the date right.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards