Chit Chat

Favorite Childhood Movie

Hi everyone, I have been lurking here for about a year and finally decided to join in on the fun and get to know you all!  So I was watching Disney Channel late last night (I know I'm a grown woman, but I don't like all the sex and violence in tv shows especially at night) and they had on one of their original movies from when I was a kid.  It brought back a lot of happy memories, so I was wondering what movies and tv shows you ladies loved as children?  They don't have to be Disney.

My favorite movie was Old Yeller, I made my grandmother rent every time we went to the library, which was weekly.  My favorite tv show was Even Stevens, I had a huge crush on Twitty.

Re: Favorite Childhood Movie

• MayDay513MayDay513 member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2013

Hi everyone, I have been lurking here for about a year and finally decided to join in on the fun and get to know you all!  So I was watching Disney Channel late last night (I know I'm a grown woman, but I don't like all the sex and violence in tv shows especially at night) and they had on one of their original movies from when I was a kid.  It brought back a lot of happy memories, so I was wondering what movies and tv shows you ladies loved as children?  They don't have to be Disney.

My favorite movie was Old Yeller, I made my grandmother rent every time we went to the library, which was weekly.  My favorite tv show was Even Stevens, I had a huge crush on Twitty.

I love Disney all of them. Except the scary ones like Great Mouse Detective.

Favorite Shows Boy Meets World, Full House, Hey Arnold, Recess, and The Busy World of Richard Scarry!
  • I grew up with Lion King, Aladdin and Pocahontas. My favorite shows were Smart Guy and Boy Meets World and Brotherly Love :D I used to watch a lot of Disney Channel movies like Brink and Haloweentown.
    Anniversary
  • @aliciaharrison Ariel is my all time favorite princess, she was on birthday cake like five years in a row!

@huynhette I loved Recess, me and some other kids in my neighborhood used to pretend that we were the characters and I'm not gonna lie I totally get up at 7am so that I can watch Boy Meets World on ABC Family!

• @smalfrie19 Brink was the movie that was on last night lol and I totally cry when I watch the Lion King now even though I never did when I was a kid!
  • The Black Stallion.  I'm old.
  • Beauty and the Beast was always my favorite. I'll never forget the Christmas Santa gave it to me! It was the first video I ever owned that was all mine and not shared with the sibs. 

I love with Boy Meets World, and I am in love with Eric Matthews. I think he & I would have a wonderful relationship. I still get excited when they play reruns at odd times of day. I had a few sick days awhile back and watching the BMW marathon made the horrible sickness totally worth it. And, in case you were wondering, there is a perfect BMW quote for every situation in life.   
  • Beauty and the Beast was my favorite. It was the first movie my mom took me to in theaters.

I loved Magic School Bus, Garfield and Friends, and Dexter's Laboratory. (Aside: Netflix is the best thing ever ...)
  • Beethoven. Gotta love those Saint Bernards. <3
  • @WonderRed I've never seen The Black Stallion, is it a book though because I feel like I read something with a similar title once.

@ElcaB Eric is my favorite too, I especially love him during the college years he is just way too adorable for words!

@KeptInStitches The only good thing about my middle school science class was that our teacher would often turn on the Magic School Bus when he didn't feel like teaching.

@Amapola14 My cousin's favorite movie was Beethoven, he used to beg my aunt on a daily basis for a St. Bernard, never worked out for him though lol.

• @Hawkeyesgirl, It was a series of about 20 books.  Super popular in the late 70's.  The movie came out in '79.  It's worth watching.  The cinematography is, still to this day, some of the most spectacular I've ever seen in any movie.  It won an Oscar.

Super Cheesey 70's Trailer
  • 101 Dalmations

Recess and Dougie Howser M.D. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The Little Mermaid, Nightmare on Elm Street (seriously), Labyrinth, and Steel Magnolias were my favorite movies. 

My favorite shows were The Gummy Bears, Rescue Rangers (I named my cats Chip and Dale when I was 8), Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, Clarissa Explains It All, Salute Your Shorts. 

• Movies: The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, The Land Before Time, Home Alone (@ElcaB - you won my heart yesterday), and Clue

Shows: Saved by the Bell, Global Guts, Darkwing Duck, Tailspin, Salute Your Shorts
    *********************************************************************************

• @southernbelle0915 - I love The Land Before Time we were just talking about that movie this weekend. I wonder if its on netflix
  • @WonderRed I'll have to see if I can find it somewhere, though I admit horse movies usually make me cry.

I must have been a sheltered child because I have never heard of a few of these, I'm going to have to do some searching on Amazon Prime and make up for lost time.

@Swazzle I absolutely love the Rugrats, one year for Halloween my grandmother dressed my cousins and I up as all the characters, we had just the right number including Kimi. I being the oldest got to be Angelica and I don't think I was ever more excited for a costume!

@southernbelle0915 When my cousin was little he would watch Home Alone everyday, and when we went on family vacations he would make us stand at the baggage claim and do the whole "pass this to Kevin" scene.  Thinking about it now we must have looked pretty strange!

• Oh my gosh, I have so many.  The Care Bears Alice In Wonderland, Beethoven, Home Alone, all the Disney movies (Cinderella, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Alice in Wonderland, Lion King, Pochahontas), Neverending Story, Clueless, The Baby Sitters Club, Then and Now, the list goes on.

As for TV, anything on Nickelodeon.  Doug, Rugrats, Salute your Shorts, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Dude Ranch, Clarissa Explains It All, Guts, Double Dare, etc.

I also loved The Wonder Years.

• Yesssss, Neverending Story! I forgot all about that one.

Also, I forgot that when I was a little kid, I had this documentary on Michael Jackson's life that I would watch over and over again. For real, I was obsessed.

I didn't really watch TV shows. Wishbone was probably the one I enjoyed the most.
  • I don't remember if it was my favourite, but I recently saw a copy of The Last Unicorn in the Walmart bins.  I'd totally forgotten about that movie.  I was addicted to She-Ra.  I may or may not have all 3 DVD sets of every episode on my shelf at the moment

• The Road to El Dorado. "Tulio and Miguel! Might and powerful gods!"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Snow White was my favourite, but I loved pretty much all Disney movies.  I liked watching Spongebob Squarepants (when it was good), Zoboomafoo, The Crocodile Hunter, Proud Family, Rugrats, Recess, CatDog, Courage the Cowardly Dog, The Big Comfy Couch, Untalkative Bunny, The Magic School Bus, Art Attack, Franklin, Bill Nye The Science Guy, The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and Pinky and the Brain.
  • Movies: Over the Top. It's a cheesy 80's Sylvester Stallone movie where he plays a truck driver with a son he hasn't seen in years. Son's mom gets sick, so son goes on the road with dad. Oh, and dad happens to be a professional arm wrestler.

Other movies were Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Flight of the Navigator, and Troop Beverly Hills.

TV: Jem, She-Ra, Saved by the Bell, Wonder Years, The Muppet Show, You Can't Do That On Television, The Cosby Show and anything Looney Toons.

I feel like I'm missing a ton. @Smalfrie19, I'm a little old, but I'll admit I love the Halloweentown movies. Don't tell anyone. haha

• @Hawkeyesgirl: That is an awesome costume! I'm the oldest of my cousins, too, and was referred to as Angelica on more than one occasion when we were all younger hahaha

@Maggie0829 - I forgot about Are You Afraid of the Dark! Loved that show. Snick was the shit.I also forgot about Alex Mack. 

@aliciaharrison - We definitely had the best shows. When I see what kids these days have to watch, I feel bad for them ;)

• My favorite movie was The Little Mermaid, 101 Dalmatians, or Lady and The Tramp. My favorite show was Boy Meets World. I still watch a lot of re-runs of it.
  • All about Disney movies--whether in the theater or just made for tv disney movie. Could never pick one, so its a toss up between Little Mermaid and Beauty & The Beast.  I think ANNIE was my all time favorite, and I Loved all the classics for our generation but my favorite was probably Labrynth (although my husband and I tried to watch it as adults and it totally ruined that memory--so we stopped watching and prefer to remember is a good movie growing up!)

TV: Saved By The Bell, Full House, Boy Meets World.  I was also all about Care Bears, Rainbow Bright and Punky Brewster!

Anniversary
  • Nightmare Before Christmas will ALWAYS be my favorite movie.
    As far as tv shows go I watched a lot of Saved by the Bell, Boy Meets World and Are You Afraid of the Dark. Maybe I should add Double Dare to that list too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • My Neighbor Totoro

• GypsyWife_GypsyWife_ member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2013
    Goonies labrynith, the parent trap with Hailey mills. And care bears movie.

Shows. Fraggle rock, the raccoons, gummy bears, out of this world. I liked Alf too , jem and the hallograms.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards