Chit Chat
Options

So when are you having kids?

2»

Re: So when are you having kids?

• Options
    I don't really want more kids. FI has a daughter who is 3 1/2 and she is more then enough for me.
  • Options
    The term baby rabies is awesome!!
    I plan to start trying when I get back from my honeymoon and I switch to FI insurance. His coverage is better than mine. We were going to wait until we buy a house but I feel like I am getting too old to wait.....buy maybe thats the baby rabies talking :p
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    When we get married, I will be 2 months shy of 30. I do want to enjoy the married life as much as possible, but my clock is ticking away and it makes me antsy. My plan is to start trying for kids about 6 or 7 months after we're married. His plan is to wait a few years first.

I think I will win.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We may or may not be able to have children due to fertility issues.   After we get married, we'll start looking into more aggressive options such as IUI, IVF and if that fails adoption.
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 28, and H is 34 but we're really in the same place "life" wise. I think we'll start when I'm 31 or 32. I have so much traveling I want to do, and I'm just starting my career. However, we are both onlies so if we have any, I want to have 2. I just wouldn't want our child to be alone in the world after we're gone.

That said, even though I've been on BCPs for the last ten years, I've always had the feeling that I'm going to be fertile and if I ever slip up I'll get pregnant easily. It's just a gut feeling; my mom actually had trouble having kids. Who knows; if I do get pregnant at this point, we will embrace it.
  • Options
    FI just turned 40 and I'll be 33 by the wedding, so we're actually hoping/planning for a honeymoon baby.  I just stopped my BC to give my body a few months to adjust to no pill and, if all goes as planned, I will actually be at the right time on our honeymoon, so we're keeping our fingers crossed.  :)  We'd like to have at least 2, so we're planning on doing them both as quickly as possible, since I'm of "advanced age".  Gah.  When did I get old???
  • Options
    I've always wanted to be a mom, but am definitely not in a rush.  I have always been go, go, go/ do everything for everyone else.  We were just married 3 months ago (I'm 31 next week) and we are trying to enjoy at least 2 years of married bliss before we bring kids in the equation.  Kinda want to be selfish for the first time in our lives :)

Anniversary
  • Options

cedixon0 said:
    FI just turned 40 and I'll be 33 by the wedding, so we're actually hoping/planning for a honeymoon baby.  I just stopped my BC to give my body a few months to adjust to no pill and, if all goes as planned, I will actually be at the right time on our honeymoon, so we're keeping our fingers crossed.  :)  We'd like to have at least 2, so we're planning on doing them both as quickly as possible, since I'm of "advanced age".  Gah.  When did I get old???
    Advanced age??  What does that make me then??  ;)  My good friend just had her first kid at 36.  They're planning on a second pretty quick

• Options
    March 22nd (on or about).

Seriously though DH has wanted a baby since the day we met.  I did for a while too but them my mom got sick and I couldn't imagine having someone else to take care of.  When I went to my doctor in May I found out that we only had a 3% chance of conceiving and a 1% chance of carrying to term so I got off my BC figuring if it happened it would take years with our odds. Guess what- it took 26 days. We're still in shocked but beyond thrilled.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    8/3/12 :) hopefully another one sooner rather than later.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Neither of us want one. I really dislike children. Sure, they can be cute but the minute they start crying in a store is when I make my purchases and hightail it out of there. I'd prefer to spend our money traveling. 
  • Options
    I'm up in the air about it but leaning towards no kids. I'm 30 and FI is 37. He has children from his first marriage (ages 8 and 16)...FI says that I want kid and just say I don't because he has 2. he says would have another if I wanted one but I don't think that's fair to have a child if one partner and the other isn't 100% on board. I love having the kids then sending them home :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I'm with @winelover123. Kid-free is the way to be. FI and I are adamantly against having children.

We are currently planning two honeymoons...as we can do stuff like that with no kids :)

Haha I love it! I'm already planning our first year anniversary trip :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards