Texas-Austin
Options

Bagpipe player

Hi all, we are looking for a bagpipe player to play 1 or 2 songs at our wedding. I have contacted all the ones i have found online, however, they are pretty pricey for just the limited amount of songs we are wanting. Does anyone know of a resonably priced bagpipe player in the area?

Re: Bagpipe player

• Options
    This might sound odd, but:
    Check the line-up at the Sherwood Celtic Music Festival (<---link) and try contacting some of the groups who have bagpipers.

I've heard Jason Gunn perform out there last year, and he's very very good.

Or, perhaps contact Silver Thistle and see if any of them could perform.

Try a stab in the dark, and contact the University of Texas music department.

Try local funeral homes and see if there are any pipers they work with.

The fact remains, to a musician, it doesn't matter if you want 1 song or 15 songs, you're paying for their time, and, minimally, their repertoire. 

Also, understand that bagpipes are a fairly specialty instrument, so, they can charge what they like BECAUSE there are so few of them.  Supply and demand, as it were.

Another suggestion is take the songs you want and get a good and clear recording of it and save the money and the headache.  Up close, the pipes can give you a headache, and, unless you're Scottish, or have a heavy Scottish feel to your wedding, I suspect your guests might not be too disappointed if you had a recording instead.

• Options
    imageHi, I know of one that is very good. 

Special Event Bagpiping
    Nelson Bundrick 
    NelsonSBundrick@gmail.com
    405-474-0427
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards