Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Morning!

morning everyone!

FI and I had a great weekend in Pittsburgh.  We met our venue coordinator and officiant (who we love!) for the first time, talked to some florists, and celebrated our 5 yr anni a few days early.  The weather yesterday was so awesome, I was sad to leave.

Oh, and I got to meet some awesome ladies at the GTG.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Re: Morning!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning!

So I had a great weekend. Friday was awesome with the GTG. Loved seeing everyone! The I spent Saturday cleaning the apartment a bit (I enjoy cleaning oddly enough), got brunch at the double wide with my neighbor (told you guys I love the double wide lol), then went to the Pirates game and watched the fireworks. I ate so much junk there that I thought I was going to explode- chocolate ice cream, a hot dog, cotton candy, french fries. You name it, I ate it, and this was after we had dinner lol. I love food.

Sunday the FI and I took advantage of the gorgeous weather and walked around Frick Park. It was our first time there, so needless to say we got lost. We thought we exited the park close to the car. Nope. Try 1.5 miles away according to my phone, which, if we didn't have, we would have never made it back. We had a blast though then spent the rest of the day laying around watching movies.

Oh, and I did my taxes!!! I am so glad they are done, although, I wanted to throw up when I saw how much I owe. Definitely have to repay the homeowner's credit. Boooo..... Thankfully I had enough of a refund that it offset some of the cost, but it still sucks.

Md- It was nice to meet you! Did you find a florist you liked?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies!

We had a great weekend! Fri i had a great time meeting some of you ladies! It really was nice to put a face to names!
    Sat - I had a jewelry party at a friends house (got my BMs some earrings!). DF and I then went to a cookout/game night at our friends house.
    Sun was a busy day. One of my BM's grandfathers passed away so we went to his viewing, then went to my cousin's baby's christening and luncheon afterwards. Sunday night DF brewed a new batch of beer which he will be giving away to his GMs, and I cleaned/did laundry. It was sooo nice to have the windows open yesterday!!

md - it was so nice meeting you on friday! how did the florist apts go? find val's house ok??

sarah - yay for getting your taxes done! thats a great feeling! I love frick park but only ever go to the one trail that I know and turn around in the middle to head back so I dont get lost!

• Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning Ladies!
    I'm SUPER bummed that I didn't make it home in time for the GTG!!! I seriously can't stand the Philly airport - it basically shuts down when there is any type of 'bad' weather! I finally ended up getting home around 8:30ish and just thought it was too late to head there. Plus, I was ridiculously exhausted from the day/airport ordeal. Hopefully we can do another that I can join??

Anyway I had an absolutely AMAZING weekend!! Saturday morning, I had my second fitting - sad (but happy at the same time) to say that it was too big! I guess I lost some weight or something. So the seamstress pinned me up and told me that she wasn't going to do any alterations until closer to the wedding just in case I lose any more weight. I also found an incredible Monique Lhuillier beaded sash that we bought for my dress - now I finally feel like the look is complete! I think I might have some pictures with me... let me look and I'll AW it!

So we went right from the fitting to my absolutely amazing shower! It was at the Edgeworth club in Sewickley!!! Omg, what an amazing day!! I'll post the links to my FB albums!! It was gorgeous and I can't thank my lovely BMs and parents enough for planning such a fabulous day!

After the shower we went home, freshened up, and then headed out for my Bachelorette festivities!! We first had dinner at Nakama (yum!) then headed down to Charlie Murdoch's on Carson! They reserved 3 tables for us and it was a blast!!! We had so much fun singing along!! After a few drinks and songs, we headed down to Diesel for some dancing! It was, overall, the absolutely perfect day!!

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!!

md - YAY for the checks!!! And happy 5 year anniversary!!! woohoo

sari - sounds like an action packed weekend!!! Glad you enjoyed the Pirate's game!! Love that stadium!

db - I love jewelry parties!! Was it Lia Sophia?? And sorry to hear about your friends grandpa - thoughts and prayers are with her and her family!!
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    g - sounds like a fantastic weekend - yay for dresses that are too big!

sari - it was nice to meet you!  We found 2 florists in our range that we liked, so I have to make a decision, but luckily I can wait on that a little.

db - you had such a busy weekend, and it wasnice meeting you too!  We did ok until we got to the intersection of D and E street and were like "why do these streets intersect??" But we called her and got there ok after that.  Val was wonderful! 
    We are going to have a tough decision between her and the second florist.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning Ladies! I am "recovering" nicely from my sick days. :)

I had a busy, busy, busy wedding weekend with only one breakdown. (not too bad!) I'll post my checks in a seperate post. 

Today, is the deadline for my RSVPs and I am missing soo many! Oy.

So, besides wedding stuff, I hung out with one of my BFFs and my nephews. Being back and forth between DC and Pittsburgh so much lately has made me miss being there. I hate leaving my nephews!

Sounds like you ladies had fun at the GTG, I'm so sorry I couldn't make it!

MD- I knew you'd love Rev. Mark and Jeannie! We adore them!!!!!
    Sari- What is "Doublewide?"
    DB- I'm sorry about your friend's grandfather. Sounds like you had a busy weekend!
    G- I'm so glad you had a great weekend!!! What was your favorite gift?!?!

RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    Janiceb2010Janiceb2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning ladies!  It was great getting to meet some of y'all on Friday.

Sounds like everyone had a fabulous weekend.
    Before our GTG on Friday, I met with our wedding planning.  We are working on the wording of our invites...got a lot done.  Hoping to get them sent off to Cards and Pockets this week.  They have been great to work with.  All we have to do is send them the wording and the watermark image we want on all of the pieces...they do the rest (well the printing anyway...lol).  We will be assembling and embossing, yada, yada...

Saturday we just relaxed with our pups!  It was fabulous!  Not very productive, but fabulous!  Yesterday we went to church and then took pups for about a 3 mile walk.  They were happy.  Hot, but still happy.  We also grilled out both nights.  I now have plenty of grilled veggies and chicken to get me through the week.  The healthy wagon is bucking me off this time! 

This should be a good week here at work.  My boss is in our CA office, so I will be able to get caught up on everything that was neglected during our QTR end close.

GMC - We missed you Friday, but glad you had a great weekend.  I saw a few of your pics on FB.  You looked crazy happy!
    MD- Happy Anniversary!!

Sara - I think I have told you this before but we love Double Wide.  Can't wait to bring the pups back there as it warms up.  They even have a "Dog Menu".  And I did my taxes too.  I hate writing that check : (

DB- I love having open windows too!!!  Spring is on the way...finally.  Did you do your P90x today? 

Pittsburgh September Siggy - Our honeymoon will be at the Royal Suites Turquesas in P*nta Cana. Super excited!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    JL- We posted at the same time.  Rob's nieces' are in DC.  We only get to see them about once a month or so.  I love spending time with them and miss them when we can't get there as often as we would like.

And Double Wide Grill in on Carson Street right next to South Side Works.  It is an old converted service station.  They have a great outdoor area when the weather is nice and IMO, the best burgers in Pittsburgh!  Plus, they make their southwest eggrolls in house.  My DF loves their beer selection.  He is a microbrew guy.

Pittsburgh September Siggy - Our honeymoon will be at the Royal Suites Turquesas in P*nta Cana. Super excited!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    J - SO glad you had a great weekend with your family and friends!! What are you going to do about the RSVP's?? Just call them?? I'm nervous about the whole 'not getting RSVP's back' thing....

And as for the gifts, I got SO many amazing gifts!! If I had to pick, I would say some of the more personal gifts were my favorite - my great aunt hand made me an afghan (sp?), and also my cousins gave me a few ceramic pieces and a hand made heart doily that were my Aunt's who just passed away - it was a bit emotional. Also my mom and grandma got us the 13 piece caphalon pots/pans set that we wanted!!!  It is seriously so hard to pick just one favorite though!!! :)

Janice - Yay for invites!! Do you have any pictures?!?
  • Options
    dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    edited December 2011

g - it as a Lia Sophia party! Always fun to get together with a bunch of girlies :)

md - i think thats where I got lost too! glad you made it ok! GL with the decision!

janice - i did do my P90x this morning... i'm on week 4 so its "recovery" week..not supposed to be as hard.. but i'll tell ya.. the workout this morning kicked my BUTT!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    GMC- I am so sad too that you couldn't make it! Boo... maybe next time though :-) Glad your weekend went well. Be sure to send pics of the shower! And I love the stadium too! I especially love seeing the fireworks over the skyline. And even the pirates are terrible, it's still awesome to get really cheap tickets to see all kinds of teams come and play (cubs, phillies, etc).

jbaxter- Janice already beat me to explaining the double wide. My FI and I love it, and it's only a block from our apartment. It's decorated really neat and it has some awesome outdoor seating. I think the only thing I don't like there are the ribs (great flavor, but cooked so much that the bones are mushy and falling apart). The beef brisket is especially good too!

Janice- My FI loves the burgers and microbrews too. I had no idea they had a doggie menu! How cute! Let me know if you go one day and you want to meet up :-)

db- Ok, so I loaned my P90X to someone, but I am going to start jogging this week then I'll start the lean version next week hopefully. Maybe I can convince the FI to start with me :-) You and your FI are motivating me lol. Which workout did you do this AM?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    G-There was a girl at the restaurant on Friday and I was convinced it was you. Obviously, it was not. You have a doppleganger.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    edited December 2011
    sarah - i did core synergistics ... that one and yoga are the hardest for me i think. Tony especially annoys me during core synergistics though.

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GMC- The only picture I have is just of the sample from C&P.  The fonts will remain the same with our wording.  We will have the blue pocket fold.  I haven't decided exactly how our belly bands will look, but they will have a our sunflower image on them.  We are going to emboss our monogram in the sunflower.
    Here is the sample:

Sara - Will do on the Double Wide.  I am not a fast runner, but if you ever want to run on that trail.   I like to do the loop down to Station Square and then back up the jail trail to the Hot Metal Bridge.  My DF loves to bike with me, but is not a big running fan.

DB- Keep it up!  Hopefully in a week or two, I can report some progress.  In addition to weighing in yesterday, we both recorded our measurements so we can see inches lost too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, I FB friended everyone I could find from Friday :P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Barbie- Friend me too! :D
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_morning-47?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:c78f68ce-4dd7-4d51-b3d6-c4f70b5b0d79Post:28bb4385-a6dd-47dd-a7a4-466d943285c5">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Barbie- Friend me too! :D
    Posted by jlbaxter33[/QUOTE]

Did I find you???
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yup!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    db - I HEART Lia Sophia!!!!!! :) Glad you had a great time!

panther - LOL!! Omg - I've been told that people have 'seen' me places that I wasn't! LOL! That's too funny! I want to plan another GTG (perhaps on Saturday this time so I have no airport issues) so I can meet everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janice - the invitations are lovely!!! Can't wait to see how yours turn out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards